Making illusion dreadflame accountwide

It's okay guise it's still beta, I'm sure they will make it account wide before bfa launches and fix all the bugs kappa
09/24/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Ythisens
This enchant is intended to not be account wide. Our philosophy here is that if you see a player with this enchant, you know they earned it on that character. We realize the enchant may of been account wide once upon a time and that other similar systems may be account wide but that is not our stance with this particular reward. Sorry for the confusion.

I actually like this but you can actually make the enchant look good
if its not gonna be account wide it should actually look good.
Why is the enchant at 2100? I just saw a keyboard turning disc/dh at 2100 that DRd everything and didnt reflect any cc on them at all once. Actually could not believe what I was watching.
We realize the enchant may of been account wide...

may *have*
09/24/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Doozi
Why is the enchant at 2100? I just saw a keyboard turning disc/dh at 2100 that DRd everything and didnt reflect any cc on them at all once. Actually could not believe what I was watching.

Dont think it really matters. The enchant is of low tier quality and that's why it only requires 2100 rating. blizzard probably could have made it available at 1800 and no one would care it's that awful.
09/24/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Weisslol
if its not gonna be account wide it should actually look good.

just farm the chronos enchant from nighthold. i think its the same enchant and that one is account wide.
This enchant is intended to not be account wide. Our philosophy here is that if you see a player with this enchant, you know they earned it on that character. We realize the enchant may of been account wide once upon a time and that other similar systems may be account wide but that is not our stance with this particular reward. Sorry for the confusion.
that's actually really annoying cause now i have to farm it on every alt
09/24/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Kyoski
that's actually really annoying cause now i have to farm it on every alt

just farm nighthold for the chronos enchant. its basically the same enchant and that one is account wide and looks better imo.
Gonna add my voice to the chorus of people confused. Why is the enchant not account wide, but elite sets have become unbelievably account wide?

I've never been above 1700 on a mage, but you best believe my 110 mage is wearing the elite mog for 1800 from this season. That makes zero sense. Meanwhile my warlock and my priest continue to wear actual elite mogs. You know. The class specific ones from Legion.
how about making it acc wide when it rotates out? either when a new enchant comes out or new xpac

why would I want to play an alt at all if it is character specific
Why?

Why does Blizzard constantly flip between account-wide and non-account-wide rewards for PvP, and not in PvP? Sometimes its mounts, sometimes its enchants, sometimes its mog, sometimes its titles. It flip-flops all the time for no good reason.

Look.
Someone who is getting 2100-Gladiator level ranking is not a one trick pony. With exceptions for certain very broken specs during very specific periods, if someone is getting 2100 on an X, they could achieve it on a Y.

There is a point in the ladder where you stop going against FotM tryhards and actually start seeing (some) degree of comp diversity, going against players that actually know what they're doing. If you get there, with enough practice, you can get there on any other class. The dynamic of PvP changes at higher MMR.

There is no value in character-specific cosmetics in a world where almost every reward is account-wide. Players themselves are the important factor that determined victory. Let them enjoy their rewards on any character they want.

Or, for consistency's sake, let's start arbitrarily limiting random PvE rewards per-character. How about a mid-raid boss mount drop? Why? No reason. Just like you do for PvP rewards.
Has the team considered making illusion character bound, like the 1800 elite gear, and 1800 rbg replica gear?

I wish titles from RBGs were also class bound. If i got it on one pally, why can't my 6 other paladins have it, too?
09/25/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Ezkanji
Why?

Why does Blizzard constantly flip between account-wide and non-account-wide rewards for PvP, and not in PvP? Sometimes its mounts, sometimes its enchants, sometimes its mog, sometimes its titles. It flip-flops all the time for no good reason.

Look.
Someone who is getting 2100-Gladiator level ranking is not a one trick pony. With exceptions for certain very broken specs during very specific periods, if someone is getting 2100 on an X, they could achieve it on a Y.

There is a point in the ladder where you stop going against FotM tryhards and actually start seeing (some) degree of comp diversity, going against players that actually know what they're doing. If you get there, with enough practice, you can get there on any other class. The dynamic of PvP changes at higher MMR.

There is no value in character-specific cosmetics in a world where almost every reward is account-wide. Players themselves are the important factor that determined victory. Let them enjoy their rewards on any character they want.

Or, for consistency's sake, let's start arbitrarily limiting random PvE rewards per-character. How about a mid-raid boss mount drop? Why? No reason. Just like you do for PvP rewards.

dont give the enchant to rbg'ers.

and the problem you are trying to address will be solved.
bump for justice (and accountwide transmog)
This is insanity. Why can't you just rationalize the whole "seeing a player with X means there good" through the title they carry. Since we are rewarded titles instantly this expansion, that is good enough. HOW can you make the elite armor sets account wide so my non-pvping characters can look like a fully decked out 1.8k+ character, yet a SIMPLE weapon enchant ILLUSION is locked to one character?

Even Tabards, which have been in the game revolving around PVP since the dawn of time, are FULLY account-wide and they are by far more prestigious than weapon enchant appearances.

I am so let down by this, I got the enchant on my mage and was so excited to make amazing mogs for my other toons once I ding them 120 and having to push 2.1 on every character I want to mog it with is so disheartening.

Terrible terrible direction and logic on this one.

This makes absolutely no sense...awful idea

Would it hurt you guys at Blizzard to have some consistency with this sort of stuff? I arena pretty casually these days so for people like me even hopefully ever getting 2100 for that enchant to not be account-wide is a pretty big downer, especially considering the past PvP enchants have been account wide.

Add this to the pile along with the fact that MoP's season 13 Bloody Dancing Steel enchant (identical in looks to Glorious Tyranny) was never added to the wardrobe for players who hit Three's Company: 2200 at the time.

You want people to show what they accomplished on a per character basis? The 2k elite sets from mid-MoP to the end of Legion were doing that just fine. Stop fixing things that aren't broken and making changes that no one asked for.
I feel like the people complaining about this topic are the same ones that would like to see account-wide Titles as well.

Hurr durr I played FoTm comps to 2100 in season 1 and now that my class is nerfed I'm rerolling but I still earned those rewards and I should be able to have them on my new main.

Yikes