Make Us Gods Already

Make it public, cannon, that the individual players are no longer mere mortals. It is the only logical explanation to our incredible yet ridiculous journey that has seen us defeat so many bosses that we should never have been able to as mere mortals. This game demands a lot of suspension of reality, but no amount is enough to have us defeat some of the end game bosses we have unless we are more than mortals.

Hopefully, Blizzard can come up with something they can nestle neatly into the starting zone come the pack after Shadowlands that will see our unique powers explained something lorewise where we are imbued permanently with something that explains how we always manage to make it out the other side, how nothing ever truly stands in our way, they need to work this in lorewise.

4 Likes

So those half naked lvl 1 Night Elves dancing on the mail boxes in Goldshire Inn on Moonguard are really Gods 0_0

7 Likes

Maybe Odyn secretly made us demi-gods during the trial of valor? If he can do it with Thor and others it should be no problem.

Well I think we have had a lot of help, the things that should have killed us pretty much did or would have without intervention. Either it be a npc fighting alongside us like during the Lich king encounter or our empowered weapons or gear. But yeah we still are pretty darn strong. Lol

3 Likes

Technically Helya did “kill” us that one time when our souls were yanked out and sent to Helheim, we just happened to come back in time before we died permanently.

1 Like

They were already gods in my eyes. :heart:

2 Likes

Blockquote
Maybe Odyn secretly made us demi-gods during the trial of valor? If he can do it with Thor and others it should be no problem.

That could totally work, just put it in the game. I think there are a million and one ways they could do it, but they need to, at this point leaving it up to players to come up with excuses for how it happened or that it happened at all is lazy.

1 Like

Umm i am a god thank you very much.

Plenty of people worship me!

cracks a whip

2 Likes

Are trolls people? I am worshipped as a Loa afterall…

As did Argus. Khadgar mostly killed us but managed to zap us back to life.

1 Like

You have to reach max level in order to obtain full godliness.

Yes I want to be known as Lord Of The Buffalos!

“My Lord and Savior above all, the wolves are startling the sheep. Please kill 12 and come back to me for a reward”

4 Likes

Here’s the funny thing, the fact that the player characters keep coming back from death is actually going to be a relevant point in the story of Shadowlands. It’s related to Azeroth.

Spoilers/Speculation

In the introduction to the Shadowlands, our character learns that they are something called a Maw Walker, which basically means you’re someone who’s managed to go to the Maw and come back. It gives us the ability to interact with “relics of the First Ones” which can be found scattered throughout the zones of the Shadowlands. We don’t know much about these First Ones, but we do know for sure that they’re the ones who constructed Oribos and the Arbiter.

Now, if we put our thinking caps on, we learned back at Blizzcon that our ability to escape the Maw was due to our connection with Azeroth as her champions. What does that mean? It means these First Ones, who are seemingly gods of the Shadowlands, have a connection with Azeroth.

We also know it’s our connection to Azeroth that’s actually allowing us to keep coming back in the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Ok, Magni. I see you changed your look.

So you’re not happy being referred to as Champion, or Hero for the 900th time?

You just can’t please some people. /s

1 Like

It takes no less then 10 people to kill each new boss. Hardly what I would call gods. We are strong to be sure but we didint even beat Argus. We won because the titans saved us

It’s weird going back and doing classic era content.

Where’s the boss?
Right there.
You mean the trash?
Ya, the boss is in that group.

To be fair in classic we just started out as adventurer’s and by the end of the xpac the story acknowledges we killed an old god. It’s only natural our character got significantly stronger since then. But old gods actually are not all that strong. One Titan could take them all out but that would of destroyed Azeroth.

Gods sit around and do nothing to help mortals. Screw 'em.