Make survival a tank

Just like the title says, make survival a tank spec. We don’t have any chain tanks, hunter is a popular spec, meaning it would increase the number of tanks, which is good, and we could have one of the ranged specs be the PvP spec, instead of another mongo melee. And let’s be real, if a class has a ranged spec available, almost every raid good us going to make you play as ranged instead of melee. (Go see how many boomkin raiders there are vs feral). Survival is never going to be popular.

Plus the spec name already sounds like a tank.

3 Likes

I would honestly be okay if they made it a tank spec, would work better with the name of the spec at least. I do really enjoy the idea of the current kit even if i think it is still half baked. I’d like to see them make it a better DPS spec, but if that fails i would be down for a mail tank.

How about no. Does that work for everyone? Ok great!

16 Likes

how about blizzard stop ruining specs people like

8 Likes

Awful idea. Just like everyone mentioning a fourth spec :unamused:.

No thanks lol

2 Likes

How is bringing back RSV as a 4th spec an awful idea?

4 Likes

Bring back rsv as 4th spec!

Long live to msv and rsv Best specs that Hunter has had

3 Likes

I don’t think that is how it works out usually. Every class added to this game has had a tank spec. The tanking role is still not super popular.

1 Like

I’d play a hunter tank if they got rid of current survival and brought back ranged.

Plus…it honestly would work. Have an avoidance style spearman. Good cleave with bombs. Harpoon to engage with high threat.

Survivalist: Increases stamina and armor by 50 percent. Increase leech to 35 percent.

Bring back some aspects for its tanking CDs

Aspect of the monkey, increase dodge and parry by 100 percent, reduce all dmg done by 20 percent for 8 seconds.

Change aspect of the pack to be a raid cd. Increases the armor rating of all raid members by 75 Percent for 6 seconds.

Crit rating gives party rating too.

Animal companion: your pet and you share a combined healthpool.

Lots of ways to make it viable.
Change misdirect into an aoe taunt
Lol lots of stuff to try

2 Likes

No one like s melee hunters. It’s just a bad meme. And I mean, there’s two ranged specs already. You like pets and mobility? Go BM. You like no pet and turreting? Go Marks. You like… wait… Wtf is left for ranged survival?

And why would you want to melee hunter when you could go one of the other billion melee specs? If you play a real melee you can pick the current best spec and play it, but you’re still melee If survival is weak, you gotta play a ranged spec.

@kayivang Yeah, exactly. You could leave a lot of the core abilities in place from the current melee spec and make them defensive. A chain tank with a pet would be awesome. You could “borrow” armor from the pet as a defensive, or change the split so the pet takes more damage than you, then pet heal. Drop traps to kite etc.

No one is going to flock to the spec or find any more enjoyment in it just because it uses mail. Armour proficiency is totally invisible to the player in the thick of things.

You talk correctly in your post about Survival being unpopular right now despite the wider class being popular. What makes you think Hunters are not just going to avoid a tanking Survival?

Hunters are popular because of their distinct style of ranged combat. Anything that deviates from that will be unpopular.

It could be if it were a ranged DPS spec.

What, because you’re meant to survive? Every spec is meant to avoid dying in combat.

What makes you think a Hunter tank would be any less of a meme? It would still be melee, after all.

I like special ammo and multidotting. It’s actually pretty easy to come up with 3 ranged specs when one of them is devoted to pets.

We have 3 Rogue specs that all use stealth and dual-wield weapons. We have 3 Warlock specs that all use fel magic and demons. There is nothing outlandish or unreasonable about 3 Hunter specs that all use a ranged weapon.

Why would people play Hunter tank when they can play one of the other more established Tank specs? At least as DPS there are 14 spots in the raid for you to have a chance at occupying. As a tank it’s just 2 spots.

5 Likes

the only reason i don’t tank currently is because hunter doesn’t have a tank spec. i enjoyed tanking when i played dk for a little while but hunter has had my love for the last 10 years. blizz is amazing at making new tank stuff. brewmaster and havoc (or is it the other one?) are fun to play and have great utility. i wouldn’t be against survival having a go at tanking since it’s more likely they’ll make a good spec too.

No. Hunter should not be a tank.

4 Likes

100% agree. Let me tank with my wolf at my side!!

First make Enhancement Shaman be able to tank again then we will talk about Hunters.

My Hunter main has been Survival since Vanilla, without change. Forcing me to tank would be the first time I changed specs.

1 Like

MAKE SURVIVAL A TANK

may as well.
make it tougher so I can solo anything with it.

I wouldn’t mind RSV for a 4th spec as long as MSV became a Tank spec.