Make remote desktop against ToS

To further add its also how the catch hardware duplicators, thats how multi boxers got around the problem at first, by using a tool server admins use to send phyiscal keyboard strokes from one keyboard to many machines, same with mouse for controlling multiple servers at once which is actually incredibly useful if the situation calls for it, blizzard uses their own in game analytics to capture that, because there is literly no software detection method to tell. It gets a little more complicatied that that, but yes using their own analytics and tweaking the afk rules slightly it could curb it significantly

Except queing on your phone using it is not against TOS? whats the diff then just queing at your pc leaving for 2 hours like i i usually do and come back? stupid suggestion. There is ALSO 0 ways to detect the program. Its practically built into windows. Dont be silly, stay salty.

i do this haha

1 Like

Except for the fact that you 100% can detect if the RDP service in windows is running or not … as well as if something else like TeamViewer or VNC is as well. So while I agree w/ you that its not against ToS … you are 100% wrong saying they couldnt do something about it if they wanted too.

1 Like

Seriously like why does it even matter the queues are fine?

Bnet isn’t build to detect programs that are not running in-game (AKA past loading screen). Having it otherwise would legitimately be invading privacy. Multibox programs and such are used in-game, which is why Bnet can detect it, but it’s not the case of a RDP someone use strictly to queue-log.

Brilliant idea. Create a problem and then ban people who try to avoid the problem.

Banning people for wanting to play your game is rarely a good business decision.

LUL, boy do I have news for you

Dont worry, Bliz is notorious for bad business decisions … this will just be another notch in their belt.

" While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user’s computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs."

LUL

Should I be banned when I stream wow through Steam and play on my crappy laptop from my kitchen while I’m making dinner? It’s pretty similar lol

1 Like

I’m on board with this

I don’t think Blizz is going to be able to detect this. I think, however, that whenever there is a queue Blizz should automatically kick the top 1% longest logged on players off on a schedule of something around every 10 minutes or so. This would mean that you would need to be on for a consecutive +/-1000 minutes before being at the point where you could be disconnected (that is roughly 17 hours). Most normal players won’t ever be close to the top 1%. This is mostly going to effect bots and players that refuse to log out when they stop playing.

1 Like

This is an ancient post, but what the hell. Remote login is not cheating. Playing remotely is nowhere near the same thing as using a bot or key replication for multi-boxers. I can login to my PC from my laptop, which I used to do before I retired. When I connected remotely, I could access anything from PC from my laptop, which included accessing WoW, I could even play WoW, but it was very laggy…so I just played from the laptop.

Play on a different server. Problem fixed.

/closethread

Exactly. If you logged into a queue tonight, you need to quit drinking.

not gonna happen. lmao

Just wanted to point out, with a quote, that this ia a 5 month necro posting.

Yet, here you are commenting as well. :kissing: