Make echo baseline

There are literally people who think we have other things that could be addressed before we start creating other problems.

You still gain 2 lava bursts though so that means you can have it proc the legendary. It’s not the main combo of course but it can effect it.

Nope. Echo has absolutely zero effect on the PWave/Asc setup.

Lava shock as a talent would be fantastic imo.
Edit for rephrasing: Lava shock returning at all would be great.

This is a prime example of why you should know what you are talking about before you make statements.

EotE does NOT effect the number or frequency or lava surge procs NOR does it effect the number of LvB generated by:

1. Ascendance
  2. Primordial Wave
  3. Nor the chance for the legendary helm to proc

No what I’m saying is it procs the ascendence legendary. And of course when you use ascendence it shoots out lava bursts. So having another lava burst can allow for you to proc the legendary. Having 2 lava bursts rather than one. That’s what i’m talking about.

Your wording is very confusing.

No it (EotE) does not proc the legendary.

Casting lava burst procs the legendary that procs Ascendance.

But yes having 2 can increase your chance to proc theneffect but it does not effect the dmg of the individual effect.

Im unsure what you mean in the last sentence. If the legendary effect triggers, during that situation you’d shoot more lava bursts because of how ascendance works. Unless you cannot proc an ascendance while already in ascendance. Not sure I don’t have PTR.

Your statement was in regards to the pwave/ascend combo. Echo has literally zero effect on this.

If you pwave with FS on 3 targets, you get 3 extra LvB from this. Then if ascend procs, that is the one shot.

Echo of the elements plays quite literally no part in this. If you don’t have the beta why are you trying to comment on things that occur in the beta lol?

Dude, you’re just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

You definitely didn’t read what I wrote. I did not say that baseline Echo would make shamans OP, and I DID say that making the dual lava surges baseline made sense, for all specs, not just elemental as dealing damage is just part of healer life in dungeons these days.

You bring up tidal waves, but that’s simple to balance without adding a second charge to riptide, you just let riptide add 2 stacks when the echo talent isn’t used.

I’m not opposed to it, don’t get me wrong I love playing my shaman and I always use this talent. My point was it’s the talent we all choose because it’s good and it plays well and it doubles the output of two of our most critical spells (Totem/Riptide) which can make up 50% of our overall healing, and people here may feel like shamans aren’t good enough but clearly, blizzard disagrees and feels like our output numbers are acceptable, that’s why they made them this way. i.e. my point, if blizzard feels that shamans are powerful enough, then giving us echo baseline + an extra talent makes us more than powerful enough.

If I were a betting man, in resto they’d just make riptide and lava burst have 2 charges and change the talent to only impact healing stream or cloudburst totems, and then it’d still be the best talent on the row for most scenarios for restoration.

In Elemental, they’d give lava burst 2 charges baseline but nerf our baseline mastery down and make this talent increase the chance for Elemental Overload to “echo” abilities back to roughly what it is now, and it’ll still be the best choice on that row.

Trust me, when they baseline abilities less changes than you think.