Make Cat Gute Again

Let’s face it Feral is in the dumps after losing artifact passives.
It has energy usage issues, lacks the extra passive crit artifacts provided to boost chance at more combo points. Lacks ability to have Rip crits clone rip, Berserk is no longer as bursty. tiger no longer gives 20 more energy. Don’t even get me started on the biggest AoE issue with losing scent of Blood which reduced the cost of thrash and swipe by 2 energy per foe struck. so Feral in Legion had the cleave at low energy cost on 10+ mobs. to me lacking that 20% bonus crit on shred is the nail in the coffin on single target. Feral depends heavily on secondary stats to be good. I really think the legion weapon trees should become a separate power up during leveling and maybe having a temporary improvement/power up for a expansion and resetting at the next. Just extra passives and changes to abilities and how they function. Like how ret divine storm could shoot forward.

3 Likes

They do fine DPS wise, their rotation is just hard to keep up.

easy rotation but the issue is resource now. this was not an issue in legion, mid/late wod and mop. the artifact passives fixed the issues which made them good. now its broken because blizzard forgot some specs depend on this stuff during legion

Don’t really have any issues with Resources, personally.

Feral is not designed to be a GCD capped spec. Yes our energy regeneration is a tad slow but using the time your waiting for more energy for utility, like off healing and dispelling, with out having to have your damage punished for casting a non-dps ability if something i really enjoy about feral. Aoe did feel really bad at the beginning of the expansion but that was more due to the removal of shadow thrash, the nerf of thrash and the nerf of brutal slash. Right now i feel that were actually in a pretty decent spot in terms of raw damage when played well(that’s a lot harder than a lot of other classes, for a very average reward, but that’s a complaint for another thread). What were lacking in is utility we don’t bring anything special to the group. We need something cool and special to make people go “awesome we got a feral” maby something like LEADER OF THE PACK. Think about it blizzard decided that a they only needed to sprinkle cool utility back to a handful of classes and hmmm, wouldn’t you know it, those are all of the most popular classes because they bring something unique in addition to there damage.

2 Likes

Correction the artifact had a talent that reduced the cost of swipe/thrash by 3 per target hit this made feral good in raids with 10+ mobs effectively making them near free cast. Shred got a bonus 20 or 30% crit which made it all ways nearly five free combo points. I can go on how broken feral is without these passives

Feral isn’t broken.

Yea, losing passives from the Artifact sucks, but in its current state feral is fine in PvE. Could use some QoL changes but it is far from “broken”.

If you have issues with resources, you need to learn to wait for energy.

Also, our AoE is fine with Primal Wrath and swipe with wild fleshrending.

1 Like

feral is ranked the worse dps right now by icyveins something is wrong

3 Likes

just trying to get in to a M+ as Feral sucks no one wants to take u

3 Likes

Would love to see a link to this.

exactly because a balance with the same gear level as you can do 2-4x more dps both aoe and single target wise. its in the crapper right now

Is this new news or something?

And what is “Gute”?

1 Like

Feral is doing fine. I don’t know what metric Icyveins is using but take a look at actual data, eg rankings on Warcraftlogs.

For M+, feral has a really bad reputation because they were legit terrible at the start of the expansion, and balance just offers so much more utility. It’ll take time for people to realize that feral actually does really good aoe dps.

1 Like

This is just straight up wrong, or you’re playing feral wrong.

2 Likes

i mythic raided feral back in legion i know what i am talking about heck i did mythic garrosh as a feral in mop

If you think this

exactly because a balance with the same gear level as you can do 2-4x more dps both aoe and single target wise. its in the crapper right now

Then you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about

2 Likes

As has been mentioned before, Feral needs more “Ooh shiney” things that other classes have. For instance, warrior has Battle Shout. Rogue has cloak of coordination. Monks have Ring of Peace and 5% physical damage bonus, just to throw a few out there.

Ferals have…a group movement speed buff? While I agree that it is nice, it is not as gamebreaking as the previous things I listed.

3 Likes

why feral should have a higher chance to crit with shred because it equals more combo points, they had it in legion so we should keep it

you clearly dont play feral… our dmg is far from fine… were getting blown away by alll the good classes + we bring 0 utility… feral is just a giant waste of time.

2 Likes

how is our AoE fine… have you not seen outlaw rogue ?!? why should anyone take us over 1 of them… exact same thing, leather melee dps but the rogue brings so much more.

2 Likes