Make all races unlockable for the lazy at this point?

With cross faction guild feature, I wanted to make a few new horde toons but I forgot my lazy butt never bothered with the emissary quest since I thought it was wild to do a intro in order to unlock the new races, obviously later on they did made it so to some of the new races that came around BFA, but at this point do we really have to keep em locked, since we’re still all paying for the same sub, service, and expansion but I’d really like to make a vulpera. Lol but lazy

1 Like

i believe they are making allied races all unlocked in the next patch

2 Likes

misread…yeah laziness!
:sweat_smile:

They’ve already announced this in the Dragonflight Fractures in Time PTR Development Notes:

Continuing the discussion from Dragonflight Fractures in Time PTR Development Notes:

This too.

This is completely unpopular, but I would love the option for the Allied races start at level one. I don’t see them as hero classes like death knight and DHs

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Jinx. /10char

Not really. Your post was only showing the level change, not the removal of the other requirements. Just wanted to add to yours.

I completely agree.

If i had my way then allied races would just be treated as normal races. Automatically given to all players, both new and old. They would start at level 1.
Obviously they would do exiles reach every time as they have no starting zone of their own but meh. Not a huge deal. And all new players are forced to do it anyway.

Then for their heritage armor, they would have to do what is currently their unlock scenario. That way players get to see their heritage when they get their armor. Its a lot like how the normal races get their heritage armor.

Now everyone gets to play the race they like.
I think it would be a win for pretty much everyone.

1 Like

Next patch good to go with a level 40 toon to open

Allied means horde too :astonished:right?

Ah guess I’m on the slow, the real slow

Yes, any “allied races” - not meaning exclusively the Alliance

That’s already on the way.

i mean you can freeze your xp for a lil while then resume it once you feel you earned 9 levels worth of xp.

That’s cuz they’re races, not classes.

I got all of the Allied races unlocked by default since I quest and got the reps when they were current. I also have every Allied race heritage armor set at this point except the Kul’Tirans. Having said that, I 100% am against locking the races behind anything. It’s such a buzzkill and hassel. When my kids started playing WoW they were really annoyed they couldn’t play the race they wanted. OFC my kids unlocked them, but then they had to re-level their toons again afterwards which was a huge waste of time. It’s just a needless barrier in the way of enjoyment of the game. Blizzard locked the races in a poorly thought out, shady attempt to boost time played metrics. It was always a bad system filled with bad intentions.

1 Like

But I like to begin my toons fresh from level one. Starting at level 10 makes no sense.

You still have to Chromie time.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: