[Main Thread] - WOW constantly updating but not installing anything

I’ve been having the same issue for about a week. It’s annoying.

6 Likes

Happening recently to me too

This is not resolving the issue. When ever I start battle.net it goes though every game, WOW retail, diablo 2, wow classic, starcraft 2, etc and starts a 5-10 minute download sequence. once everything is downloaded, it rinses and repeats never allowing the game to actually be played. The download queue tracker the the top right shows retail with an endless loop of updates. Please fix rather than tell us to delete files, it’s not the WTF, Chace or any other local host issue. There is something wrong with your coding

1 Like

This has been happening to me as well for the past 2 days. While I can get in and play, once I’m done, it’s constantly “updating”: WoW, the PTR and Burning Crusade Classic and the Battle Net Launcher… it reads the indexes, residencies and whatever else it does then when updating it’s like 0% to “reclaiming disk space” in less than 1 second. Glad to see it’s not just me, though hoping they fix it soon.

Hey there!

This should only happen when the app first starts up. Though it’s a bug in either case. This cropped up with the last update to the app and should be resolved in an upcoming update. Though I don’t have an ETA for when the fix will be pushed live.

I went ahead and split this off form the previous topic since it was 1 year old and a different issue.

Once the fix is live I’ll be sure to update this thread! Cheers!

3 Likes

Every time I open Bnet launcher it wants to update both retail and classic. I have tried restarting my pc and it continues to do it.
It will update, I close Bnet and then restart Bnet and it runs another update.
Anyone got a fix?

1 Like

I had that happen continualy last nite eventualy it stoped on its own.

Okay thank you… good to know. It’s not a major issue, just annoying.

I am having the same issue. I open the client and the update never initializes. I tried to close and open but then it says waiting on another update except there are no other updates because retail world of warcraft is the only game I have installed. I tried to restart my computer and same thing happens. I tried to repair but the scan wont’ start. I stop the scan and try again and it says you can’t scan and repair while updating. I have windows so maybe it was the update from yesterday. going to try uninstall those and see what happens.

Yup it was a windows update from yesterday that wouldn’t let me update wow. I completed the download as soon as I uninstalled the windows update.

1 Like

I have the same problem on my MAC. can’t open game because Battle.net keep trying to update. says waiting on another update, then updating, then fetching patches. Just keeps looping and v=never makes any progress. This is going on 2 days now.

same here, i logged off 15 hours ago with this happening ,log back on and it still is.

Anyone with a Mac got beyond the initializing phase?

Same here. Every time I log on after booting up my PC wow classic, classic tbc and retail all want to apply small patches. If play for a few hours and then log off and it will often then want to reapply the patches. I have run repair and all is OK in that regards. I have also asked in my guild discord and quite a few guildies are having the same issue.

Same also, for PTR, and all versions of wow.

I ended up reinstalling the game. Which meant all my addons and set-ups were erased.
However, I now have access to the game.

it’s not even downloading it just initializing over and over and you have to wait like 15 mins to even play the game. SoM sure goona be fun

Having same issue and it is very annoying

Blizzard, please fix this problem ? Why is this happening ? Are you putting this issue on the back burner ? It’s been two days already with this. I can’t launch the game using Battle. net , I can’t do any updates and log in to the game normally .

You haven’t figured this out yet? I posted yesterday a way to log trough the back door, but why I have to do that? Come on guys, get on it and do us a favor plz.
Fix this problem.
Thanks

2 Likes

Same here - updates AGAIN every time I restart the launcher