[Main thread] Nvidia 460.xx driver flickering

There’s a bunch of people complaining on the nvidia forums that still have the flickering even with the new drivers, so it’s most likely on nvidia’s end.

Edit: btw, did you have any other version of drivers installed on you system before updating to 471.11? if you did, did you update through GeForce experience?

1 Like

Still have flickering here with 471.11 and RTX 2070.

I updated through GEForce Experience yeah…Im pretty sure i didnt update until the new one came out

I’d recommend you do a fresh instalation, remove your old drivers with DDU and manually install the new patch from scratch. For some reason experience has been either corrupting my drivers or breaking more than it fixes as of lately and some other peeps are experiencing the same.

1 Like

I was not experiencing flickering at all on my 3070, but since the new driver dropped that was meant to fix it for others, I’ve been having the flickering issue.

To those having issues with the new drivers still causing the flickering:

1. Hit start
  2. Type the word about
  3. Click on about your PC
  4. Post your specs for
  • Edition
  • Version
  • OS Build
  • Experience

For example, mine says:

• Windows 10 Home
  • 21H1
  • Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

There was a preview update the other day, KB5003690, that works well with the new Nvidia driver version and addresses a few issues. It could be that you guys running the new 471.11 drivers, and that are having issues still, need to update your windows build all the way. Like if you’re on a really old build like 1803 or something.

4 Likes

Yah i have a new features update 21H1 so i’ll give that a try

Updating my Windows the same version you have seems to have fixed the issue

1 Like

This worked

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear that! Hopefully people will actually read some of these last comments if they are having the problem still.

3 Likes

The flickering has been completely gone for me. Also, my game has been running a lot more smoother after the recent driver update. After installing the update, I was excited for the first day after running around with good frame rates and no choppiness or flickering and then noticed my Ray Tracing got turned off. I turned it back on and my performance remained the same and everything looks great.

Reinstalled the new drivers again…still…there is something off about this driver…at least for WoW.
Rivendrenth new Castle Nathria entrance you can replicate the full black (UI still visible) issue.

Going back to my 466 drivers.

If this isn’t stickied someplace already, it should be.

Did the check, found win10 not to be fully updated. Updated Win10 as suggested by the quoted post. Logged into WoW and changed my Graphics API setting back to Dx12. Proceeded to fly around to the various trouble areas.

Bastion: no flickering.
Ardenweald: no flickering.
Revendreth: no flickering.

For me, having nVidia driver v471.11 and updating Win10 to 19043.1081 finally, FINALLY, resolved the issue.

7 Likes

So far, no flicker in World of Warcraft since yesterday after updating windows all the way to KB5003690 and video card drivers to 471.11 (game ready driver).

First I updated Windows 10, twice. The update KB5003690 only showed up after I installed the optional windows update and restarted. I know to always check for updates after installing updates. Gotta update those update updates!

Windows 10 Pro
21H1
OS build 19043.1081
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

2 Likes

Whelp, cancel that. World of Warcraft works fine but now my cursor flickers on my desktop (same issue I had with late 4.6x drivers) and some windows flicker too. It started with VLC in full screen, now happens to any window while World of Warcraft is running. My cursor looks like its trying to spin (in a way that it can’t). It looks like the old Commodore 64 game Elite ship animations.

I’m going back to 457.51 if I can’t find out the cause tomorrow.

Welp that didn’t last long the new drivers I update too now getting flicking today…worked fine for a week or so but flicking is back again…

1 Like

Scroll up a few messages and look a the message from Everia about the windows version. I’ve had zero flickering since updating to the latest NVidia driver and updating windows as per the message in this thread…

2 Likes

My windows is updated too…

Moused,

As far as we know, the flickering issues that were being investigated previously are now fixed with the latest Nvidia drivers. What is flickering for you now? Can you provide a DXDiag file for us with the latest drivers installed?

You can create a copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead.

Can confirm still happening. Updated to latest drivers from 457.51 to 471.11 and still flickering of trees in Revendreth. NVidia GTX1070 - no RTX card. Its been 7 Months now with this issue…

https://pastebin.com/s9NGwWxV 

Edit: Also have updated Windows to latest everything as per Everia post