[Main Thread] High Population Server Lag after Nov 29th Maintenance

Looting takes almost 30 seconds and then can’t do anything for 30 more. RESTART !!!

9 Likes

Area 52 as well. I gave up last night and figured things would be better this morning after maintenance. Yet Area 52 is still unplayable. I’ve been trying to play for the past half hour and everything is lagging horribly and I get disconnected every couple minutes.

I have been with Blizzard since classic on and off, you would think after all this time they would figure some things out. Clearly they figured out that they don’t have to care.

inb4 boot licker rufflebottom tells us it’s an issue with addons or our computers

1 Like

pretty sure if there was an honest blue post it would say, “we did maintenance on the build of the server prior to the fix last night.” but they’d never be that honest.

How is A52 always a clown show every xpac?

Gotta love the fact that Area 52 was fine before “maintenence” and now it is a show ---- 30 seconds + every time you kill a mob and loot before the servers catch up with you.

yeah A52 is bad after maintenance. cant get glyphs, cant quest nor loot quest objectives. and thats in between the constant disconnects and load screen boss. a52 worked great before the maintenance/reset

Yup, still having issues. Got disconnected 3 times trying to watch a cutscene. Finally gave up trying to watch it and just went to turn in the quest… and disconnected. What a sad launch :frowning:

Because it’s too big. Blizz has a few servers that are larger than they can handle. This game can’t handle the launch event populations that show up for A52 or Illidan. Blizz needs to put a more restritive queue on these servers.

Or you know, do what they’re supposed to do and expand the capability to handle the population of the server.

1 Like

Makes you wonder why they are okay being called a small indie company and continue to act as such. I wish someone over there had a little pride

2 Likes

It isn’t that the servers are too big.

It is that Blizz owns their own server infrastructure, and that likely makes it hard to flexibly allocate new servers for high demand, short term use like a launch demands.

They are refusing to buy a bunch of expensive equipment that would only get used a few days every couple years because they think it is more profitable to give people on A52 and other big servers the middle finger.

That is all it is. Corporate short term profit culture infecting good game design.

2 Likes

can we please get our server fixed? bad lag dc every 60 sec

2 Likes

Shame it was working just fine pre-maintenance

1 Like

Keep disconnecting. Cant interact with npcs. Cant mount. Cant change servers. Everything is laggy

Same exact condition as it was prior to server shutdown late last night - extreme looting lag, NPC interaction lag, and I’ve disconnected twice within 5 minutes attempting to do both. Are there still server issues or is it on my end this time? (Edit - seems to be issues again judging by the influx of posts, unfortunate)

At this point I’m almost tempted to just reroll on another server if transfers don’t open again.

1 Like

Same. I’d transfer out if it were free. Or even reasonably priced.

1 Like

All of the lag from last night came back after the maintenance. Please provide an update or at least acknowledge that you’re aware of it.

4 Likes

Whats crazy is it was fine before maintenance and now its completely unplayable. And they sit there and dont acknowledge anything they dont say anything they just keep us sitting here. Tragic.

1 Like

It was fine this morning until Maint…now it’s back to the hot mess it was last night.