[Main Thread] Game crashing upon login of only ONE character - Error #132

Any update on the timeframe for this to be resolved?

1 Like

To those who are getting error 132 - do you have a duplicate Band of Eternity from when the reward was bugged weeks ago?

Yes, I deleted my main and recovered him and still 132 error :frowning:

1 Like

My character does not have two bands.

2 Likes

Its now going on 8am server time/ 5am PST for me and STILL cant log in with either one of my 70’s and STILL no update… very nice…

8 Likes

Same…exact same. Get your s*** together blizz. People are Missing raids but not missing the monthly charges on their cards.

9 Likes

No, but they all have the Tabard of the Protector from the undead event. I think we’re all just pulling at at straws here and just have to wait this out.

So Blizzard, when can I expect a refund for a week’s worth of my sub?

4 Likes

No, no duplicate band on my character.

Last night I: tried character unstuck, delete cache, delete wtf, uninstall launcher, uninstall warcraft, checked security settings, ran sfc/scannow on command prompt, updated everything possible, shut off firewall, and did a ritualistic sacrifice–All before the blue post even appeared. There’s no duplicate band on my character or anything else that others have suggested that could be a problem.

First I got a “Your character is unstuck, this issue is resolved” email an hour after I put in my ticket and was asked to take a survey about how my experience was, then at 5am I got an email stating the following:

“Our developers are aware of the current issue that is affecting some characters in The Burning Crusade Classic and a hotfix is on the way to resolve this. Later today this hotfix will be applied and once that is done you should be able to access all characters normally again. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Should” fix the problem and “will” fix the problem are 2 pretty different things, especially with no ETA. I really hope we get an update soon so folks can plan if they need to miss a 2nd raid night.

2 Likes

I also received the following reply to my ticket 5 hours ago: “Our developers are aware of the current issue that is affecting some characters in The Burning Crusade Classic and a hotfix is on the way to resolve this. Later today this hotfix will be applied and once that is done you should be able to access all characters normally again. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.”

1 Like

My friend got this as a reply about 40 minutes ago:

This is Game Master Sylcraes. I was reading through your ticket about not being able to log into specific characters without it crashing your game.

Typically speaking there would be two likely causes for this. I’ve gone ahead and moved your characters to a safe location, as it may have been an instance loading issue.

The other potential cause would be a corrupt interface file or addon. You would need to go through and perform a full User Interface Reset:
-Completely exit World of Warcraft.
-Uninstall any addon managers to make sure they don’t re-add your removed addons.
-In the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application, click Options and select Show in Explorer (Windows®) or Reveal in Finder (Mac®).
-Open the World of Warcraft® folder.
-Open the folder for the game version you’re troubleshooting (retail or classic)
-Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
-Re-launch World of Warcraft so the changes can take effect.

I hope you have a great day, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do reach out to us again :slightly_smiling_face:

is it common for GM’s to not all be informed on the current issues in the game or is it more likely they still have no idea what’s going on?

2 Likes

Yup…tried that and it didn’t work either. Looks like it didn’t work for anyone else either

Greetings XXXXX,

Gamemaster Gronnfindel here, I hope you had a nice day so far.

Our developers are aware of the current issue that is affecting some characters in The Burning Crusade Classic and a hotfix is on the way to resolve this. Later today this hotfix will be applied and once that is done you should be able to access all characters normally again. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Gamemaster Gronnfindel
Gamemaster Team

This is what I recieved from my ticket I submitted last night. Hope this helps clear up the struggles and frustrations :slight_smile:

They are only interested in closing tickets, knowing no one will really check on them - their manager will only reach out IF they are not closing enough tickets. We have to keep actively barking at them until they drop a hotfix.

2 Likes

Atleast there are some blue posts acknowledging the issue and saying they’re trying to fix it. Visibility helps solve this stuff significantly faster.

I don’t neccessarly think berating them will solve the issue any quicker.

Hey everyone,

I don’t have any news to share beyond they’re still working on it. Seems there was a hang-up with testing if the fix worked so it got delayed to make sure it doesn’t break anything. It’s still a high priority. If and when I hear anything more, I’ll post an update here. My apologies for the hassle and thanks for the continued patience and understanding.

12 Likes

Silver lining to this, it has giving my lazy bum a chance to do some long awaited PC maintenance

3 Likes

Translation from the above update: We still don’t know (all out good developers left) and our fix didn’t work (because we still have no idea).

1 Like