[Main Thread] Crashes on launch after maintenance Jan 24th

I second this. It’s not REALLY an OS problem because it’s a coin flip whether each one works or not. Some people in here are saying they got Ventura and even that’s not working.

2 Likes

iMac Late 2014
macOS Big Sur 11.7.3
3.5 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5
AMD Radeon R9 M295X

1 Like

My guess is it is a hardware issue. Mac book pro with M1 runs it great, at least until my wife finds out I stole her laptop.

9 Likes

Whatever update was posted recently didn’t fix the issue. Still unable to launch WoW. iMac Pro (2017) OS 11.6.6 3.2ghz 8-core Xeon 64g ram Radeon Pro Vega 64 16gb. Very frustrating.

1 Like

server is shutting down in 6min so fingers crossed

3 Likes

Does Classic work for you? Some were reporting that it would load even when retail wouldn’t. I found that you be a really relaxing experience just doing old questing for hours at end over the holidays.

1 Like

Classic loads for me, but retail does not. So strange

1 Like

This patch is not for us.

2 Likes

Still not loading for me. Version 10.0.5.47825. I do wish they would have addressed the original issue before they did another update. 3 Days not able to log on …all scans and repairs ran many times. No add ons on my games.

2 Likes

Won’t load for me either. Server’s down doesn’t affect local game files. Patch definitely not for mac users. If Blizz is going to have new system requirements in the middle of an expansion than they need to announce that ahead of time. All mac users experiencing this problem should be granted free game time for the length of this issue.

7 Likes

I’m not sure how they could tell a Mac user from a PC user on their end. Some ppl have both.

1 Like

I believe that is the same version number that was available as of last night.

Nothing changed.

3 Likes

Crashes when I try to run the game on Mac. Ran several repair scans, no change. Haven’t been able to play for two days now. Probably sounds petty of me but now I’ve lost two days worth of dailies for old reps I’m grinding :frowning:

Not petty at all, welcome to the club. We’re here until we can log again.

2 Likes

Yea. No dice.

Dang they really are leaving us out to dry here. SMH

I am still showing .47825 as well. I don’t think anything changed. I did see the maintenance banner earlier, did they not do anything?

Maybe the patch needed to be patched, so they pulled the patch to patch it

Still crashing here on iMac as well…

We are going to need a bigger patch.

5 Likes