[Main Thread] Crashes on launch after maintenance Jan 24th

both my MacBookPro and my wifes iMac have the same issue. This is very frustrating.

5 Likes

Looks like the maintenance period has been extended. Going to read a book, have dinner, watch a movie. Crossing fingers that problem will be fixed today.

2 Likes

Same here. It’s almost like Blizzard doesn’t bother with quality control for the Mac.

5 Likes

Same. Other than the patch update, I have not changed anything related to WoW or the Bnet launcher since I played last night. I click Play and the WoW screen shows black for about 2 seconds then crashes with an error.

6 Likes

Same here exactly as described appears to login, black screen 2s then crash with error message.

3 Likes

Also playing on Mac

3 Likes

Exact same thing for me. Black screen, then quits. No error code but asks if i want to send Blizz, which I do. Restarted app and computer. Scan & repair, nothing.

4 Likes

Is everyone else on a mac or are other systems doing this?

3 Likes

I’ve seen all macs.

3 Likes

Same Big Sur 11.7.2, 2019 iMac - game screen opens with black interior, instantly crashes.

3 Likes

Well at least we can all be certain the problem here is on blizzards end, hopefully they patch this error soon

4 Likes

Yeah, I was worried it was me on my older mac

4 Likes

Mac seems to be black screen crashing while Windows just won’t connect for some people.

3 Likes

Same, crashing after the patch. Running Big Sur 11.7.3.

2 Likes

Think Mac Users should get a discount on monthly sub since they neglect us.

15 Likes

if Blizz isn’t commenting. perhaps we can help each other out.

MacBookPro: Big Sur v11.6.8

I’ve tried scan & repair
I’ve tried resetting the Game Settings

Same exact issue on wifes iMac

2 Likes

At least a piece of bonus mythic gear please and ty

4 Likes

Lol Imma noob asking about mac’s since this a mac forum
just noticed

2 Likes

After updating today (i use a mac unfortunately, macOS Big Sur 11.2.2) i attempted to launch the game but it always crashes and says the application had an ‘unexpected error’ i had uninstalled the game and im currently reinstalling it to see if this helps.

Could it just be because the game is currently down for the patch or some other problem?

6 Likes

Experiencing the same thing. Also on Mac. After applying the update with the Battle.net launcher, the game crashes whenever I try to open it. Have tried to scan files for repair, turned off all other services, restarted machine, ensured Mac OS software is up-to-date and nothing has resolved the issue. This happened to me a couple weeks ago after the update so I had to re-install the entire game. Very frustrating to go through this again

6 Likes