[Main Thread] Crashes on launch after maintenance Jan 24th

Daddy chill

5 Likes

Make/Model of the system: MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2020.
Processor: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB
OS Version: 11.7

I believe the employees are drinking beer right now, high giving each other after the patch launch while systematically urinating on MACS in the bathrooms

6 Likes

Make/Model of the system: Macbook pro (13-inch, mid 2012)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7

Believe it or not there are avid mac lovers at blizzard who often ask “please let me work on mac” and they just get told “no”. people have volunteered to get mac versions of other games running and in one case THEY DID and showed a demo of it off to a manager, they were told to scrap it. On WoW, they’re often assigned to anything but mac to the point that when mac users do get fixed, it’s cause they snuck it in on their own time or because the issue gained enough traction it couldn’t be ignored anymore (which is why I expect this issue to actually get attention sooner rather than later).

I also do want to add the issues go well beyond just mac. Expansions are getting pushed before they’re ready. Patches before ready to meet deadlines that are based on maximizing profits over things actually being ready. Content or feature getting cut or just being broken on launch. Despite it all though, devs work really hard to try and manage under these expectations and do what they can.

It’s literally that bad, and has been for a while and it’s not even the upper bosses at blizzard who are saying no who are at fault either cause they’re also just following orders. There is a genuine issue at company right now. There is a reason Morhiem left years ago. Cause he stopped being CEO ages ago. He was basically mayor domino of midgar while shinra is really running show, same as Mike Yrbaro is now and JAB before him. A figure head to eat crow while the millionaires at top do the actual running. (Forgive me mispelling names)

If you don’t want to take my word for it, literally just google the article wowhead just put out about a senior level employee at blizzard that left because of this kinda stuff.

I really really truly do hope sony doesn’t convince regulators not to let microsoft acquire activision blizzard. Normally i’m against super mergers and anti competition, but I’d rather see ABK get absorbed into a lesser evil company, monopoly or not, than spend any longer getting destroyed from inside by Bobby and friends.

So anyways, I continue to holdout hope microsoft prevails and since phil is an actual gamer and not just a money grubbing suit, will understand giving resources, tools, and respect blizzard deserves to turn things around. I stay subbed, I stay here, I continue to pay money for whatever games still come to mac, to show that we’re here and we want games too. That our market share is even growing with apple silicon and current blizzard is making a mistake not giving us more notice and hopefully a future blizzard will.

Anyways, end rant and back to just providing technical support and troubleshooting for me or they might take away green text. :smiley:

22 Likes

I know someone who has been at Microsoft for over 20 years, so I’ve gotten little peeks here and there over the years of how they run their ship and I am also really really hoping the acquisition of Activision Blizzard actually does go through. The working conditions at Blizzard are deplorable and MS would absolutely raise the quality of their professional lives by a lot.

MS still fairly diligently updates MS Office for Mac. If only we got even just that much attention from the super higher ups at Blizzard, I’m hoping we will if/once the sale is allowed to go through.

1 Like

It’s a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of two mockeries of a sham.
Fix is long overdue!

So, I have a fix. Upgrade to Monterey. At least this solved it for me.

Cool, my MAC is searching for that update now…

I can’t update to Monterey - not unless I had a week or two to put out all the fires/programs that updating would break (i tried, had to revert, lost like 8 hours of my day restoring from backups). All these Big Sur intel mac systems are still well within the system requirements on the blizz website.

But no, we’re all stuck with an unplayable game, hoping and praying that they fix it… whenever they get back into the office.

Can’t update past Catalina on my MBP from 2012.

1 Like

Yes you can. OpenCore Legacy Patcher :wink: You can update Macs up to 2009 to BigSur and Monterrey with it.

1 Like

Same error, launch the WoW app, black screen for about 2 seconds, app crash.

MacBook Pro 2018 13" (4xTB ports)
Intel Core i7-8559U CPU @ 2.70GHz
Iris Plus 655 (iGPU) + Radeon RX 6800 XT (eGPU)
Big Sur 11.7.2

Was really looking forward to a play session tonight. Sigh.

Make/Model of the system: iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
Processor: 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
GPU: Radeon Pro 580
OS Version: 11.7.1 (Big Sur)

Sure hope it gets fixed soon, hard to raid with a computer that can’t connect. Also would be delighted for new ownership that doesn’t hate on Mac, been here since the very beginning and am gutted that we can’t play Overwatch or Diablo 4 without having to run Windows.

thank you for this update and the work

I’m so glad I’m not the only one this is happening to!!! Anyone got an update?

I’ve reached the forums. No fix yet

Make/Model of the system: iMac, (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OS Version: 11.7.3

Eleven hours since last Blue post and the hope that an upcoming patch actually addresses the Mac issue.

Not holding my breath.

1 Like

Me thinks some complementary free time is needed once this is eventually fixed. This isn’t an isolated issue. MAC users’ experience in general has taken a dip since the release of DF. At times down right unplayable.

2 Likes