[Main Thread] - A Character with that name already exists

yea i have logged into other toons and see that my rogue is still online and has remained online for 9 hours, going on 10. hopefully some clarity soon

1 Like

Read the other posts about it.

2 Likes

i’ve done that but have not heard anything back yet. people seem to be receiving replies here quicker.

1 Like

Same issue

1 Like

This is also occurring for me.

The tickets I submit keep instantly being resolved without actually doing anything.

1 Like

Help a brother out. He is already playing rogue, might as well let him AFK in Shatt!

also, i need to create a 2v2 team to do arena before the weekly reset, shold i try again or better wait blizzard announce its solved?

Please do the same for Crispyxo - Arugal, been waiting 2 days !!!
They said we will pass onto QA team but didn’t give me a time frame, I took some time off from work to play and now I can’t even login!
My quest log was full when I handed in so not sure if that effects anything?

How are you contacting GM’s? I have had a ticket open for 24 hours unable to play. Still waiting for GM or someone to boot me off the server…Yellowpepper on Herod.

I made an alt and did an in game ticket, I’ve had 3 responses from 3 different GM’s pretty much saying they can’t do anything its been passed onto the QA department.

This was the GM response:

"I see from the ticket you have been contact with us regarding the issue in the TBC classic, as it seems stuck online.

I’ve taken another look at it, and seems this issue is still being treviewed by our team, and I can’t say for sure when this will be resolved.
As for your question on why some other’s resolution to this seems not work on your character, I’m afraid I do not have the answer for that, I can only say that while this appears to be the same issue happened to others, but sometimes there may be some factors the could affect the situation.
So for now, kindly wait for our team to finish the review, and we will update you about this, thank you for your patience and understnading on this.

Thank you for contacting us, if you have other questions or need assistance, please let us know, we’d gladly assist.

Take care and have a good day :)"

Same issue, 12 hours no :frowning:

Gramparsons - Benediction

im the same isseue pls help me
Pirest-Sulfuras

This is also now happening to me - Richiep-Yojamba

same…already made a post + ticket

Had this problem happen to me and i have had 2 tickets answered so far and both have not helped me at all nor given me any hope.

Hi,

After attempting to turn in a signed 5v5 arena charter my character bugged out and could no longer see other players. I ALT + F4’d out and now I’m receiving “A character with that name already exists” every time I hit enter world.

Numerous other people have reported this and I’ve opened a ticket already but don’t want to wait several days to be able to play my character again.

Thanks

tried
[World Of Warcraft - In-Game Issues → Character problem → Stuck Character service]
but asking me to post here

damn they still dint fixed it, i have to do arenas before weekly reset… this is sad

Hi,

After attempting to turn in a signed 2v2 arena charter my character bugged out and could no longer see other players. I ALT + F4’d out and now I’m receiving “A character with that name already exists” every time I hit enter world. When logging into an alt I can see my character as online but guildless for some reason.

Numerous other people have reported this and I’ve opened a ticket already but don’t want to wait several days to be able to play my character again.

Thanks

1 Like