[Main Thread] - A Character with that name already exists

same…already made a post + ticket

Had this problem happen to me and i have had 2 tickets answered so far and both have not helped me at all nor given me any hope.

Hi,

After attempting to turn in a signed 5v5 arena charter my character bugged out and could no longer see other players. I ALT + F4’d out and now I’m receiving “A character with that name already exists” every time I hit enter world.

Numerous other people have reported this and I’ve opened a ticket already but don’t want to wait several days to be able to play my character again.

Thanks

tried
[World Of Warcraft - In-Game Issues → Character problem → Stuck Character service]
but asking me to post here

damn they still dint fixed it, i have to do arenas before weekly reset… this is sad

Hi,

After attempting to turn in a signed 2v2 arena charter my character bugged out and could no longer see other players. I ALT + F4’d out and now I’m receiving “A character with that name already exists” every time I hit enter world. When logging into an alt I can see my character as online but guildless for some reason.

Numerous other people have reported this and I’ve opened a ticket already but don’t want to wait several days to be able to play my character again.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey all,

I noticed a huge number of individual threads on this topic so I went ahead and consolidated them into one main thread. Looks like most of these cases were already resolved via the support tickets submitted by the accounts. The ones that weren’t fixed I went ahead and resolved myself.

The bug that’s causing this is currently under investigation. So far most cases report turning in an Arena Charter. I have also seen a few reports that using a different name for the Arena team does not cause the same issue. If this becomes a repeated event please try a different team name or wait until the underlying issue is resolved.

Keep in mind that submitting a support ticket is typically the best way to reach a GM regarding this issue. They will need to kick the character offline if they are stuck logged in due to the bug.

I do hope the info helps. If there’s anything else y’all might need just let us know.

2 Likes

Zachmo - kromcrush has still not been resolved but thanks for the attempt

Hey there Araga, would you be able to try again? Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

The character is finally offline for the first time in a day, but when logging in the character isn’t even at selection screen anymore.

I was able to login to the character on my end. Try closing the game, deleting the CACHE folder, then open the game once more. In some cases creating a new level 1 will also refresh the character list.

Hope the info helps. Let us know how things go.

All steps followed, character still not at selection screen.

Regardless of how you get this resolved, folks, once your character is back to normal I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TRYING TO CREATE ANOTHER ARENA TEAM CHARTER until the developers give the all-clear. From observing the posts here, THIS IS THE TRIGGER and apparently IT IS NOT FIXED YET.

Sorry for the yelling. It would really help if you stop voluntarily bugging your characters by repeating an action which is still bugged.

If I’m mistaken, I’m sure one of the SFAs will correct me.

1 Like

it worked now after creating level 1, restarting computer, clearing cache. After being booted by the GM.

Hey there,

It looks like the account was logging into a different license instead of WOW1. The name of the license was omitted since it’s one of the custom ones from before Battle.net existed in its current form. <3

Hope the info helps clear up what happened. Cheers!

Tried to create another arena team, just had it happen again all over on zachmo-kromcrush. Immediately. How is the game more broken than it was 15 years ago?

Yes, same issue as before. I go to create a 2v2 arena team and game locks up. The reason WOW 1 was launched was because I keep getting Video schedule internal error and blue screened. When I re-launch it defaults.

Hey all,

Please be sure to check out my other post for updates regarding this bug! It is still under investigation and is not yet resolved. Keep in mind that our support staff is not part of the bug handling process since that is done by our Quality Assurance and Development teams. Once we have more info we will provide it as quickly as possible.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

That worked for me. Thanks for your help with this. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I cannot log in again, was definitely the 2v2 charter i was excited to do arena. Now i cant log in again ! This is on my warrior johamander