Mage Tower Extended Maintenance

As someone who did all specs for the first iteration, and I’ve got 8 done in the current one - it’s overtuned. Not necessarily all the encounters - some of them are pretty close to the original, some are threading the ‘reasonable challenge’ needle very closely, and some are absolutely overtuned.

11 Likes

Technically, yes, but really it’s more or less scaling. But the moment they preserved the challenge going into 9.2, they clearly televised that this was going to be the case going into DF, regardless of whatever system we landed on

Fix old raid scaling and stop ignoring us. Why do you hate old content so much? Taking that away is not going to get people to go into the new content and stay there, you’re just going to get people to unsub and not play like i do now.

7 Likes

Legion PvE didn’t have “seasons”. It was released during the Broken Shore.

That’s literally what they are doing

No one ever made that claim

No one who wasn’t already going to unsub during the pre-patch would’ve stayed just because Blizzard don’t want the Mage Tower to be completely broken during the pre-patch

The drama posting is unnecessary - they are doing what you want 'em to do and fixing it, but since this is such a minor thing it ain’t a priority; getting DF and the pre-patch ready and finalized is more important than making sure the Mage Tower works during the pre-patch

Version one? Season one? Semantics. Same could be said of the Brawlers Guild.

2 Likes

Those reps eventually ended up getting numbering in the rep info with like legion.

During Legion PvE was still a matter of raid tiers or patches. So it was actually 6.2. Nobody called it “version one”. The switch to PvE “seasons” is a reflection of the continued move toward increasing esports in the game.

In fact the same version of the mage tower was in effect until the end of legion. So there was only one version.

1 Like

I wasnt talking about specifically mage tower, i said old raids for a reason. You dont have to explicitly state or say something to see what they are doing or whats going to happen for some people. Old raid scaling has been broken for multiple expansions now so this isn’t exactly a new issue.

1 Like

old iteration doesn’t matter. that’s in the past. newer version is meant to be harder to be an everlasting challenge, not something you can quickly finish for a ton of specs in a weekend.

continuously comparing it to the watered down version won’t make you any better to complete how they are now.

again, stop making excuses for yourself and just play better.

2 Likes

If you aren’t playing the 3 pillars blizz thinks you are worthless, because they are trying DESPARATELY to make wow an eSports game still to keep it alive

1 Like

The Mage Tower is fine; to win you just have to buy the crafted gear I sell on the Auction House and also buy my gems and enchants

1 Like

Players that completed the challenges when it was relevant in Legion should get all the rewards without having to do them again.

Nice, now they’ll make the Tower impossible again!
Oh wait, I forgot that the Tower content is for tryhards and elites and NOT for normal players. Yet again, pathetic… :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Cdjkklhfdtyhhk

1 Like

Hopefully you mean more tuning as the damage required is way to high, it’s harder than it was in legion which is probably due to Legendaries having their Effects disabled unlike in legion as well as being over tuned.

I don’t care about the difficulty, just bring the old artifact appearances please. People who accomplished in the past had a few years of exclusivity already. I got all the hunter appearances, but guess what, hunter is no longer my main and I would like to get the Affliction Warlock appearance.

3 Likes

Then there’s me like… “whats the mage tower?” Lol :laughing:

1 Like

I rarely manage AOTC, and I don’t do basically any M+ or PvP. I mostly just play the AH lately, since I don’t have a lot of time with work. I also have the book mount, and one of the specs I did to obtain it was Guardian. My skill level is a pretty low bar to clear.

I’ve also been completely unable to manage the Assassination challenge, despite face-rolling it on 2 other specs. I’ve seen it done, recently, so I know it can be… which means I’m the weakest link at the moment. I’m not on the forums calling it over-turned or unfair, and I don’t want it nerfed.

If anyone hasn’t gotten Guardian yet, you will. Half of that fight is timing, once you’ve got that down you’re golden.

2 Likes

I’d argue all day long that Havoc is harder than Guardian… And I’d spend my days in a sweatshop doing Guardian for other people non-stop before I’d do half of the healers.