Mage feels awful in PvP. Why Blizz?

I don’t get it.
The term glass cannon was made for Mages. Yet, here we are, where a mage is out damaged by almost every other class.
Melee classes stomp and roll casters, with the exception of the never ending over powered warlocks.
Melee classes do just as much damage as mages yet also have 10x the mobility, stuns, cc, health and survivability.
So like why would anyone want to play a Mage in PvP?

2 Likes

Blizz hates mages. That’s the answer.

1 Like

I stopped playing a mage in BFA.

Knowing what you know, it’s probably a bad idea to main a mage this expansion

I thought Frost was doing well in PvP with the Ice Lances build.

Mages have never been bad in PvP in the history of WoW. What are you guys talking about? It always was and still is the best caster for PvP content.

1 Like

Is this a joke?

I see given your level you haven’t played against an Evoker. You know the super mobile high healing high damage mage that has wings?

Yeah that thing killed mages. Don’t level, you’re not ready to face these dragoons

1 Like

I think they need to bring back mana and bit more cast times and channels for Fire and Frost mages, in the style of classic. As a tradeoff, give all their abilities higher damage, make their spell scaling scary again.

I remember watching a WotLK clip and a single channeled Blizzard in Arena combined with a few lucky freezing procs and crits did enough damage to nearly kill 100 to 0. I want that kind of mage back in the game.

Impossible now with the amount of cc and stuns and forest gump fast mobile melee champs

It’s going to do better after today!

Anyway, I’m no professional PvPer, let’s say that straight off, but we have some additional tools this expansion to push those pesky PvPers away! Dragon’s Breath and Blast Wave are very handy, and were never accessible to Frost specs before now! Mass Polymorph has it’s uses as well!

While Frost isn’t the kite monster it was in Vanilla, I think it’s still plenty effective today!

2 Likes

You really think this is my only character?

Given your answer above

Yes I really do.

Just look at the stats and the leaderboards, bro. They are public. Mage been at the top rankings and best comps since the game exists. So, no, mages aren’t underperforming in PvP in any slice of imagination.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t hate mages Private Basicwitch, they just hate you!

For the challenge. For the control.
I don’t know how it is at cap, but while leveling frost is kinda sucky in damage.

Try Warlock.

2 Likes

Yes, Warlock is the FOTM now, but that doesn’t mean in any stretch of imagination that Mages are bad. Mages have been FOTM for seasons and seasons over and over and over.

For Arenas, RPM will always be king.

At lvl 70 rarely is there a mage in the top 10 in BGs.

RMP has been brokenly OP since its inception, so having that tuned down by having Mages be weak for once will be a nice change.

1 Like