Mage Ebonchill Artifact Weapon Unobtainable

Quest Name: The Mage Hunter
Issue: Unable to obtain Mage Artifact Weapon, Ebonchill on either my Horde or Alliance 120 boosted Mage. Upon completion of the quest the Boss does not drop the weapon. I’ve removed all add ons and run which did not work. I dropped the quest and took it again on both toons and nothing. I can no longer abandon the quest and I still don’t have the weapon. On my Horde toon, Ebonchill was the first weapon I chose to pursue and now I can not continue with my Class Hall Campaign untill this issue is resolved.

Still not a full UI reset.

2 Likes

I’d agree with Thundertotem here, please try a complete UI reset, just to make sure there aren’t any corrupted elements causing an issue.

1 Like

I think I see the issue, you are killing him in one shot. You might want to slow it down a bit. Maybe take out the Repulsion Tumors, etc… damage him and let him go through some of his actions before killing him.

5 Likes

I followed the "Resetting the WoW User Interface instructions and went through the quest scenario again. Still no weapon drop.

ok I’ll try slowing it down and see what that does, but seriously, dead is dead.

Hehe, aye, but a lot of these encounters run on a script. When you nuke them into dust that doesn’t usually allow the script to fire. You might encounter the same in some old dungeons from time to time. Slowing things down just a touch can help.

I’ll keep an eye on this run as well and check it out.

6 Likes

But the weapon is not spawned by the boss’ death, so that argument is wrongheaded.

The weapon is spawned by a multi-phase encounter script you are short-circuiting. So no spawn for you.

Honor the mechanics.

2 Likes

Yeah, that encounter is designed for a level 100+ not a 120. Insta-killing them tends to break the script. Hence no weapon drop.

1 Like

@Vrakthris will do thanks

@Sniperor I get it now thanks. Snarkiness not necessary.

5 Likes

Snark not intended, but I tend to be blunt so I can see how it comes off like that. My apologies.

2 Likes

@Sniperorc no worries

3 Likes

Tada! Congrats!

7 Likes

YaY \O/ Thanks Vrakthris. I’ll close my ticket now.

6 Likes

I suspect you may run into the same issue when you go for the other weapons as well. If so just remember this one haha

2 Likes

I know this comment is 3 years old. But I had the same issue just now. It’s not about “honouring the mechanics” I am level 51, finished up the class hall for the mount (finally), and it took one spell to to kill Balaadur. This wasn’t me trying to cheese the encounter, I’m just OP at my level against a level 45 boss.

Edit: I had to redo it, and had to auto-attack him which didn’t break the script.

I know u mean well but necroing a 3yr old thread is never good even with the best intentions what happened then can change drasticly 3yrs later. Rember kids necroing isnt cool create new threads.

This is not unexpected when doing older content that you out-level by at least one expansion. There are ones you need to use the soft foam sword toy. There are ones where you need to take off all your gear, kill your character, and take rez sickness so you don’t hit too hard.

It is about “honouring the mechanics.” And the role-play. There are mechanics in some boss fights and some quests. They require you to go slow because the next step, like a weapon appearing or being able to use a tame/trap/potion, happens when the mob’s health reaches a certain level.

4 Likes