Mag’har Orc Description

In terms of roleplay, you can of course let your imagination run wild! There doesn’t need to be any mental gymnastics to justify a MU Mag’har in the Horde or anything, as they have been aiding the faction for years, even after Garrosh(Who was a MU Mag’har).

That being said, those would only be the traditional brown Mag’har, and not the others(Such as the Gray tones).

But in general each playable race does have a specific story, some more than others. Playable humans are from Stormwind, the playable Pandaren are technically from the Isle, not the mainland. Same applies with the playable Mag’har, but that does not mean the MU Mag’har vanished- they are still in the faction lorewise and appeared throughout BfA.

So in general, yes you can play a MU Mag’har with no problems, you don’t really need to think too hard about it. Just know some skins wouldn’t particularly work lorewise for them.

1 Like

Living up to the stereotypical Frostmourne player I see.

1 Like

The Outland Mag’har are vastly superior to the Iron Horde Mag’ahr anyway, I say if you want to RP one it doesn’t matter what the allied race description is. The Outland Mag’har have been with the Horde and on Azeroth in some form since the end of TBC, they’re arguably more entrenched there.

The majority of the ‘lore’ for allied races is a migraine for anyone looking for sense in any case.

1 Like

Is it too much to want the developers to canonize that the playable race encompasses the original Mag’har?

1 Like

…Kind of? That would serve no purpose.

They are already lorewise involved in the Horde and current story, albeit in a smaller capacity. Trying to shove them into the AU Mag’har would diminish them even more.

3 Likes

They are canon.

The Outlands Mag’har joined the Horde ages ago.

The “customization options” that make you Mag’har were not accessible.

IMHO the entire way the Race selection works is a bit incoherent but that’s another issue.

3 Likes

The villainification of Yrel was honestly kinda good. I can appreciate it because it is not often in current times we have good guys go bad

2 Likes

They had an outpost right next to the Draenei one in the west side of the zone. In fact, they killed a Draenei from that outpost who had the severe misjudgement of trying to make contact and the Alliance player is quested to get revenge.

1 Like

Yeah, I knew they had outposts in other zones, but I was referring to the main group. I am not always very clear. It was actually a Fel Orc named Krun Spinebreaker who killed the ambassador, though.

Actually that Draenei was killed by a Fel orc assassin (you see the corpse of the assassin nearby). The Mag’har rejected the offer then walked away. As the Mag’har walk back to camp, they are attacked by Fel orcs. The Draenei helps the Mag’har orcs out, but both of the orcs are killed. The Draenei stops to catch his breath and is then killed by the assassin. From the horde intro storyline to the Mag’har, we find out that the Mag’har orcs later found the assassin and killed him. As horde players go to the assassins corpse and that is how they learn about the Mag’har (as the axe in the assassins back is orcish in design). As the horde learnt that the assassin was waiting to kill an ambassador to Falcon Watch.