Made a mistake

I was playing as a mage (arcane) (level 37) and I accidentally used my 120 level token. Now I am in a completely different location and I can’t get my mounts to fly (I know that I need to get to a mount trainer).
What can I do at this point. I wasn’t planning on using any of these till I understood more about the game.

If you haven’t yet purchased any mounts that can fly, you should have gotten one as part of the character boost. Check your mount collection - click on the horse head icon in your menu bar & select the Mounts tab. Be aware that not all areas of the game will allow you to fly right away - in some places you have to earn the ability to fly. If your boosted character was moved to Boralus or Dazar’alor, you won’t be able to fly yet in those BfA zones. But you should be able to fly in Kalimdor & the Eastern Kingdoms at this point.

If you’re really not happy about having spent the character boost, you could submit a ticket & try to get it refunded. Blizzard generally doesn’t refund character boosts, but if you explain that you’re new to the game & made a mistake, you might get lucky.

If they don’t refund your boost, then you’re basically stuck with your new 120 character. If you don’t feel ready to play at that level yet, you could roll a new character & come back to the 120 at a later time.

4 Likes

Here is some info. I would use the Icy Veins class guides to learn the proper rotation and pick the best talents. Bloodmallet dot com for the dps rankings on Azerite, essences, and trinkets.

I think it’s easy to learn a new character at 120. Hit the training dummy for a bit and head out questing. i would learn how to play all three mage specs. That said, fire is currently one of the top specs in the game in dungeons and raids.

3 Likes

Hmm ok I really don’t think I have world quests open or even what they are lol. There was so much of the map I never saw. This was a stupid mistake to make.

If you’re feeling completely overwhelmed, this is probably the best advice for you.

Start another character and work your way through the game to learn it at your own pace. Just because you have the 120 now doesn’t mean you’re obligated to play it if you don’t want to. Take your time, enjoy the story, and learn the core game systems instead of trying to force yourself into end game content before you’re ready. This is easily the quickest way to overwhelm yourself and burn out before you’ve even had a chance to begin.

3 Likes

As others have said, there’s nothing wrong with rolling a new character if you want some more time getting used to the game. A lot gets thrown at you at 120. However, if you do want to push forward with the 120:

The 120 boost comes with world quests unlocked. (That’s probably part of all of the stuff you’re seeing on the map.) World quests show up on the main map as circles with “!” inside them. You go to the area on the map that shows where the quest is, and the objectives for the world quest will pop up in your objectives tracker. (If you then leave the area, it will disappear from the tracker, but any progress is still saved if you go back.)

When in BfA areas, you’ll also notice that the bottom of your world map has a spot for 3 Emissary quests. These quest require you to do a certain number (usually 4) world quests for the given faction. The rewards tend to be very good, and they give a lot of rep which you’ll need to unlock flying.

Every day, a new Emissary quest pops up, and has a duration of 3 days. (You can see how long each one has left by mousing over it.) You can do them at any point during those 3 days before they go away. When you first hit 120, you’ll have 3 of them up. One that expires the next reset, one that expires the day after than, and then the last one that will expire the day after that.

You’ll also have had a quest pop up to go to Nazjatar. That’s the next step if you want to head into the most current content, but don’t feel like you need to run strait into that. Feel free to quest in Kul Tiras and work on the War Campaign. Doing Kul Tiras and War Campaign first will help orient you to the story before you head into the newer content. (You’ll also need to do Kul Tiras and the War Campaign to unlock flying in BfA content, so it’s useful to do anyhow.)

Boosts get all but the last version of mount training as part of the boost. (And the last one, Master riding, is a very minor speed boost. You don’t have to worry about getting it any time soon. Some of my characters have it, and some don’t, and I’d have to actually look at my spell book to tell you which have it. It’s really not that noticeable.)

I personally would continue on the 120 and get settled in the end game. There are weekly lock outs on raids, mythic + dungeon chests, warfronts, 8.3 content, etc. So you could do the weekly stuff while simultaneously leveling a lower character.

This is an ideal time to play BFA because we have a new patch and with Vulpera the populations are probably the highest since launch in August 2018. They will gradually decrease until we get close to Shadowlands. Higher populations means you’ll consume more content and faster with PUGS in dungeons, raids, randoms in zones, warfronts, islands, etc.

It won’t take long at 120 make enough gold to buy heirloom gear for your leveling characters so they all get a 45% exp boost. Another efficient strategy is to make several characters and let them build up rested exp. Run a few dungeons and quests each week to burn the rested exp. See which you like best to take to 120.

1 Like