[Macro]Spec conditional help

Hello, just coming back to the game, going back to play DK.

I’m trying to find a more efficient way to run the following macro. It’s goal is to condense in a single macro a way to cast a different spell (which I plan to assign to the same hotkey) depending on my specialization. The following macro works but exceeds the 255 character limit, so I have to use an addon called Macro Toolkit.

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1,@mouseover,harm]Death's Caress;[spec:2,@mouseover,harm]Howling Blast;[spec:3,@mouseover,harm]Outbreak;[spec:1,@target,harm]Death's Caress;[spec:2,@target,harm]Howling Blast;[spec:3,@target,harm]Outbreak;[spec:1]Death's Caress;[spec:2]Howling Blast;[spec:3]Outbreak

Is there a better way to write this in order to fit the 255 character limit? While Macro Toolkit is quite handy, I’d rather not depend on it.

Can drop all the [spec:#,@target,harm] stuff, it’s effectively the same as writing [spec:#]
And because each condition set has a unique identifier spec you don’t need to put all the mouseovers before all the targets.

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [spec:1] Death's Caress; [spec:2,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [spec:2] Howling Blast; [spec:3,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [spec:3] Outbreak

You could also drop spec from the 3rd set entirely cuz if ur not spec:1 or spec:2 then ur obviously 3 in a 3 spec class.

2 Likes

Perfect solution; this works exactly as I intended it to!

Thanks a lot; trying to figure this out cost me a good chuck of my afternoon! :rofl:

1 Like