Macros: Condensing Your Physical Keys

Thank you so much for this post.
Priest macros updated for pre-patch.

Will take me a while to update all the macros as I sort out my specs/addons.
Macros for all classes/specs updated.
07/16/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Milksupply
Thank you so much for this post.

Agreed
Just found out these macros, testing for a fresh start in BfA :P Thanks you so much for these
Hope they work out for you or at the very least give you some templates to work off of :)
what if all I want is to cast Vile Taint and Shadowfury on target location instead of mouseover? I don't need or want other macros. I just don't wanna have to move my mouse if I am in a dungeon or raid in order to use it. I can keybind the macro with the rest of my spells. I know nothing about macros. please, help. Right now I have a simple macro for it to mouseover, but that is it.
08/20/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Caillean
what if all I want is to cast Vile Taint and Shadowfury on target location instead of mouseover? I don't need or want other macros. I just don't wanna have to move my mouse if I am in a dungeon or raid in order to use it. I can keybind the macro with the rest of my spells. I know nothing about macros. please, help. Right now I have a simple macro for it to mouseover, but that is it.

Not possible, [@player] and [@cursor] are the only targeting options for reticle spells.
Thank you. That answers that question for me... I appreciate it....
Playstyle improvements to Disc, Guardian, Affliction, and Destruction
Thanks so much! I'm currently mulling over a switch from Clique to mouseovers and this is super helpful. A noobie question, you have one of your binds as Num - (naga 4) is that the "-" key (next to 0) with your side mouse button mapped to that key?

one other question, how do you physically orient your hand to hit your modifiers? I'm mimcing your key binds and I feel like my hand is going to be going through some gymnastics to make it all work. I use a mix of 'wasd' and dual mouse click to manuevuer. I'm thinking shift and ctrl with my pinky and alt with my thumb, using ring or middle finger to hit the appropriate key.

Thanks again!
Rearranged a bunch of Holy Priest spells because they were in less than ideal positions.
Hi,

Im looking for help with the following macro:
#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack
/cast [pet] Kill Command; Call Pet 1
/cast Claw(Basic Attack)
/cast Bite(Basic Attack)
/cast Smack(Basic Attack)

This works great , but instead of always calling my first pet.. id like to throw in the line below so that my call pet wont always be the same one.

/castrandom Call Pet 1, Call Pet 2, Call Pet 3, Call Pet 4, Call Pet 5

Is this possible?

Thank you
Could try
/castrandom [pet] Kill Command; Call Pet 1, Call Pet 2, Call Pet 3, Call Pet 4, Call Pet 5
That said I don't see the appeal of random pets when you generally want specific pet abilities for specific scenarios.
Hmm.. I just tried it in game now, seems to keep calling the same pet out (Call Pet 3). Any other ideas?

For PVE it really doesn't matter much. Spirit beast is generally the best choice and the only time I switch is for lust.
There's been some bugs with castrandom not being random this xpac.

Is it possible to macro a conditional like if the target is in combat? Can it sap if they are out of combat and kidney if they are in combat? Or are there only combat conditionals for the player? Thanks.

Player only.

Trying to expand upon a Cleanse/Cleanse Toxin macro for Paladins that will also cast Hand of Hindrance as Ret with mouseover. I am trying to combine this

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:2/3,@mouseover,help,nodead] [spec:2/3] Cleanse Toxins; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Cleanse

with this

[spec:3,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Hand of Hindrance;

I can’t get the Hand of Hindrance to fire off. Cleanse works fine for all specs. I even tried the spec# condition as both 2 and 3 just to eliminate that as an issue.

Any suggestions to what I am overlooking?

Post the combined macro.

At a glance, the empty conditions [] on Cleanse and Hand of Hindrance, plus the [spec:2/3] conditional on Cleanse Toxins, are incompatible, but I can’t tell you how to fix it without seeing the whole thing.

1 Like