Macro to intimidate if counter shot is on CD

Yikes you guys…

He wanted a button to press so he didn’t have to worry about cooldowns.

He wants to push the button whenever he wants without looking at anything, and if intimidation is off cooldown, the button casts counter shot. If counter shot is off cooldown, he wants it to cast intimidation.

Meaning, he wants to just spam the key and not pay attention to cooldowns.

Meaning, there is not a macro to do that.

…all this nonsense for nothing :joy:

1 Like

This is just unnecessary to say to someone… and the fact that you would think it’s a remotely good or even “useable” idea to tie a stun and an interrupt into the same button, when a stun can be used in instances the silence cannot be used in PvP baffles me.

Stop suggesting stupid things be used just to prove your point that the macro “works.” Its a bad macro, and putting those two abilities into the same hotkey and always using both of them as just an interrupt is absolutely dumb in the open world, mythic+, arena and battlegrounds.

1 Like

Obviously you didn’t read any past posts above. When I said several times that I don’t advocate for doing that. Multiple times. follow a thread before butting in. I gave a macro for something a guy asked for on this thread. I said multiple times that I don’t think it’s a good idea but that if he was going to want it anyway that was the macro that did the closest to what he wants.

The reason I brought that mean part up is due to the rogue basically acting as if he knew better everytime I’d say something.

Then u come out white knighting too. Nice to see you didn’t even read.

Once again macroing it together wasn’t my idea it was the ops. If someone is going to overly make it a point to correct someone they should at least have a skill set to back it. If he doesn’t want his experience called out he shouldn’t argue with people much higher.

That’s like me arguing with a rank 1 on what works and doesn’t. I’m more respectful than that towards people who earn my respect.

Once again I do not believe using a macro with these 2 moves is wise. But if you are going to want it then there it is for you.

i think this can help all of hunters, if we figure it out together

There is no figuring it out.

You are intentionally not able to cast a spell based on whether another spell is on cooldown.

Read this sticky:
Macros: Essential Information

Everyone’s so focused on the macro they didn’t realize that what this guy needs is a Weak Aura.

Get an addon like Weak Auras or TellMeWhe (my personal favorite) that will allow you to know when your stuff is off CD. No macro can replace situational awareness.

1 Like