Macro to intimidate if counter shot is on CD

doing pvp some times i forget wich skill is in CD, is there a way to do a macro that will do counter shot if intimidate is down, if not will do intimidate?

Any abilities that use GCD cannot be written to use /cast more than once.

So, you used to be able to do like

/cast intimidation
/cast counter shot

If one was on CD it would ignore it and cast the other. If intimidation is not on GCD, this might work. I don’t remember if it is or not.

Otherwise, there’s no check for things like this because if there was, you could automate tasks.

See if that works, but otherwise, put those abilities in an area you can easily see them, and put them right next to each other on your bars.

Also, you’re really better off not doing this, as you can use intimidate to interrupt casts that are not able to be interrupted with counter shot. They serve two very different purposes and it’s generally not good to use intimidation the same way you do counter shot.

1 Like

No.

Read this sticky.
Macros: Essential Information

1 Like

Essentially this can be done with a reset timer cast sequence macro. One press would use counter shot and start the cd timer the second would use intimidate. As these are both on a timer cd it wouldn’t be impossible

It would look something like this as follows:

/Castsequence reset=24 counter shot, intimidation

Something close to that with the number representing the cool down on counter shot the lowest cd timer of a move in the macro

Every 24 seconds the macro would reset back to the start which is the cd of counter shot anyway

No.

That isn’t how cast sequence works.

You can’t cast a spell or use an ability based on the cooldown of something else.

In that example, you would have to not press the macro for 24 sec after Intimidation, or it would fail to reset, and the sequence would be stuck on Intimidation, and you would be unable to use Counter Shot despite it being available to cast normally.

Thought it reset after 24 seconds.

I’ll try it when I get to a pc and edit this to let you know

No yeah it definitely works I just wrote it tested it. Every 24 seconds it resets like I said with 0 locking on intimidate. So your good. I don’t like this idea personally but that’s the macro if u want it

Keep in mind if u double click it you be using both same time nearly. Adreaver before correcting someone you should test it next time urself though as a side note

Macros reset from the first press of the global not on the following buttons of a cast sequence. The 24 second timer starts as you use the counter shot portion not the intimidate

It’s from the last press of the macro.

Use the macro. 12 seconds later, use it again. You will have 12 seconds of dead time where the macro does nothing while Counter Shot is off cooldown.

Nope already tested it works just fine ur wrong dude

So no, it doesn’t.

On the first run through, it iterates through Counter Shot, then Intimidate, then back to Counter Shot. Next time you use Counter Shot, it goes back to Intimidate again, which is on cooldown. You can’t use it. It will sit on Intimidate until you leave the button alone for 24 seconds, or Intimidate is successfully used.

Maybe I phrased it incorrectly, but my point - that a sequence is prone to getting stuck on one ability when the abilities have different cooldowns - still stands.

2 Likes

Adreaver is correct. Test it again.

Use counter shot, wait a while, then use intimidation. The macro will not reset until 24 seconds after the most recent press. So the macro won’t allow you to use counter shot again even though it’s off cooldown and available.

OP, what you’re looking for is not possible and I wouldn’t recommend it even if it were. Use two separate binds.

1 Like

Actually look again. If u use counter shot wait then use intimidate after by up to 24 seconds it will use intimidate. Intimidates cd will show as the macro until the 24 second mark at which time it stops showing intimidates cd and reopens the macro new …the macro never locks up I will make a vod on my stream in a bit when I’m home and post it. The cd resets on counter shot after 24 never longer

…unless you mistakenly press the button during those 24 seconds, in which case it shows the Intimidate CD for 24 seconds from the last press.

So if you reflexively hit the button at say 23 sec into the Counter Shot CD, it locks up for 23 seconds where Counter Shot would have otherwise been usable.

1 Like

try without show tooltip or its always gonna follow counter shots cd

1. test: when i press counter shot it is used the cd starts. the macro shows no change. if i use intimidate soon then the macro changes to a counter

2. test: when i use counter shot and then use intimidate 20 seconds later before the reset it then shows the count down timer again of the counter shots next incoming cd

3. test if i wait till counter shot is up but intimidate still has a 15 second cd to be back up then use the macro it uses counter shot then shows the cd of intimidate being up next as its not soon enough to reset the counter shot at that point

4. if i repeat test 3 by waiting for fter then it immediately starts counting down the cd on the macro for the next counter shotcounter shot to be up but intimidate is down and wait till intimidate expires and comes off cd then the next thing used is counter shot then intimidate.

none of these scenarios broke the macro and always showed whichever cd was closest to being up…in my book thats a working macro99

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=24 Counter Shot, Intimidation

Yeah. The macro will once again show counter shot 24 seconds after pressing intimidate.

If you use CS, wait 20 seconds, then use intimidate, it will not show CS again until it’s already been off cooldown and usable for a long time.

1 Like

no it really doesnt mine follows the counter shot 100% 24 seconds after i press it
i have mine sitting counter shot on my bars and its matching teh cd perfectly

this is the macro as i have it typed out exactly

/castsequence reset=24 Counter Shot, Intimidation

there is no showtooltip in this macro

my macro is literally counting the next closest cd that is up between the 2 at all times…if they are both down and intimidate is next it counts down from that, if counter shot is up next it counts down from that, whichever cd is shorter

are you guys just trolling me

Press the macro once, which will cast CS. Wait 20 seconds. Press the macro again, which will cast intimidation. Wait 4 seconds. Press the macro again.

According to you, it will successfully cast CS a second time. According to the way castsequence macros have functioned since the dawn of man, even if it displays the correct cooldown of CS, it will not successfully cast the ability.

1 Like

then whys it going on cd again if its not casting the ability
literally jsut did it exactly like you said at at the 20 second mark used intimidate while counter shot was down…the macro immediately put 4 seconds left on counter shot and was usable and i used it…but my own eyes must not see what they are seeing

there is a point when if you use the macro multiple times then it will show the intimidation cd of like 40 seconds counting down but it doesnt get to the 40 second mark, at the point when counter shot comes back at 24 second mark it immediately resets the entire macro as planned

I won’t be home to check this until Sunday but I’ve tested it extensively so unless there was an undocumented change as of 9.0.1 or some wonky interaction with off-GCD abilities, someone else should feel free to chime in and let us know. OP?

wait you werent testing this, while i was yet still disagreeing…fair enough checks out
i gave the guy the macro to help him out and basically got called a liar yet no one even testing to see if i was right lol, love the wow community, welp main guy asking for help try it yourself bud i just wanted to help you