Macro to change action bars for friendly / enemy targets

Hello all,

New to macros and wow ingeneral, my action bars are filling up was oroginally looking for a way to make my wand shoot with a right click to save an action bar slot. However would be even more useful i think to have my action bars change on friendly vs enemy targets.

If anyone would be so kind to help me figure out how and if its possible todo so would be amazing

Thank you :slight_smile:

You could switch your action bars using [help] vs [harm] and a bar mod but the macro’s more versatile imo.

1 Like

Hi Elvenbane, could you help me with that macro but reversed? I would like the healing spell to be unmodified and the damaging spell to be set to mod:shift.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] Flash Heal; [mod:shift,harm,nodead] [harm] Smite; Flash Heal

This is what I tried to do and it half-works. I can hold shift and smite, but my Flash Heal only seems to target myself, even if I’m targeting or moused over someone else.

Both are unmodified in the linked macro. The spell automatically changes depending on who you’re targeting. The modifier in it is just to force cast the helpful spell on yourself, which is why your version only self casts.

If you just want a simple macro with a 2nd spell on a modifier it’d just be:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] SPELL 2; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] HELPFUL_SPELL
1 Like