Macro that changes depending on talent selected. also changes to different skill when press shift

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod:shift] [talent:6/2] Divine Star [talent:6/3] Halo [mod:Shift] Rapture

Been trying to make this macro for over an hour now. I want the talent to change depending on talent chosen and also change to a different skill when I press shift.

Can anyone help me?

[this, and this]
[this] [or this]

Or just order it so the mod is first:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Rapture; [talent:6/2] Divine Star; [talent:6/3] Halo

More advanced examples:

NOTE: the semicolons ; that delimit 1 spell from the previous are required and were missing in what you provided originally.

A shorter version would be this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:Shift] Rapture;[talent:6/2] Divine Star;[talent:6/3] Halo

Macros get evaluated top to bottom, 1 line at a time, and each line gets executed until Wow runs out of lines or it executes a “/stopmacro” command. Each line is evaluated left-to-right and WoW executes the very first thing that is possible to execute, then it stops on that line, doesn’t evaluate or execute anything else on it, and just goes to the next line.

The global cooldown (GCD) mechanism generally ensures that WoW only triggers 1 major ability/thing per macro. Some abilities are off the GCD like Power Infusion and WoW will execute those as well as the GCD-triggering abilities.

To what is on GCD and off check out wowhead
Spell that’s on GCD:
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=47536/rapture
Spell that’s not on GCD
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=10060/power-infusion
You’ll see a GCD field in the data table. Rapture is 1.5 seconds (standard on GCD ability) and Power Infusion is 0 seconds (not on GCD).

It’s a nitpick, but something else that will stop a macro (or prevent it from running in the first place) is circular references in macro chaining.

1 Like

Yes, that too.

You may no longer be a moose. You are thankfully no longer undead (you were creepy af like that), but you are still delightfully you.

Never change man. You good.

1 Like

Yeah, I never really liked the Undead appearance. I toned down the skin damage and distortion as much as I could and mostly wore that cat-mask helmet to cover up, but it was kinda creepy.

Almost required for PVP though.

I like the Orc look much better.

Thanks for the thought.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this, it really improves my mental health, and I am glad to see people getting along here.

Perhaps yall can help me one more time? trying to make a mouse over macro where if the enemy is hostile it will be Mind blast but if it isn’t it will be power infusion, any idea?

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Mind Blast;[@mouseover,help,nodead]Power Infusion

You didn’t give any information on what to do for NON-mouseover situations, so this flat won’t work then, but if you give more details on what you want it to do, I can expand it.

I took a guess here:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead]Power Infusion;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead][]Mind Blast

Will use PI on mouseover or target is friendly and alive.

Will use MB on mouseover or target is enemy and alive.

Will use MB by default if none of that is true.

Use one of those templates rather than the 2nd one Ehiz/Phodge posted or you won’t be able to mouseover cast on enemies while targeting an ally.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely.

I was trying to limit my response to what was asked, but it was clear that doing so would introduce problems.

This is a good answer.