Macro Question

Hi all- shouldn’t this work as a Windwalker…

/cast Leg Sweep
/cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

It does not. No one can seem to help either, so I’ve taken it to the forum. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also have /cast Blood Fury /cast Leg Sweep on a macro which works, but whenever I bind it to a Bind Pad key, it no longer functions. Any suggestions there?

The leg sweep is on the global cooldown, so any macro would end there. I assume Xuen is also on the gcd, just like my enhance shaman spirit wolves?

If so, that means they cannot be macro’ed together. You can put stuff that’s not on gcd in a macro, but you put them in first (like popping a trinket etc.)

When a macro hits an ability that uses the gcd, that’s ok it will use it but then the macro ends.

First things first there is an actual forum dedicated to macros. Really useful place if you’re just getting started!

Second things second, a macro will activate on the first true statement and then disregard all later parts of the macro if not worded correctly.

In this case because “cast leg sweep” is a true command it will always cast leg sweep and disregard anything after.

If you want to cast one immediately after the other you want something like

/castsequence reset=45 leg sweep; Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

This will cast leg sweep and then allow you to cast Xuen within the next 45 seconds, after your GCD finishes, before resetting to casting leg sweep

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/macros-essential-information/21139

This will help you better understand how to write macros. Feel free to ask questions in the forum for future help!

3 Likes

I typed out the castsequence Leg Sweep/Xuen macro like you suggested and it doesn’t do anything. I read there are issues with the White Tiger because of the comma in it… any chance this is the issue?

Is there any explanation as to why I have something like /cast Blood Fury /cast Leg Sweep on a macro - which works - but whenever I bind it to an F key or mouse button, it does nothing? This is pretty frustrating.

Regardless, thanks for the response and I will post over in the macros section if I have any questions after reading through it.

This should 100% work, whether you click it or keybind it:

#showtooltip Leg Sweep
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Leg Sweep

[Edit: Notice that the ability with no gcd (blood fury) must be listed first. Macros will follow their sequence until they hit an ability with gcd, and that ability will be the last thing it will execute.]

I wonder if the addon Bind Pad has trouble working with macros. Because if I click the macro you typed, it works. When I bind it anything through using Bind Pad, it does nothing.

I’m not 100% sure I know what Bind Pad is, and i’m not familiar with it.

If you’re trying to bind it on your keyboard, then obviously you can go into the game interface and set the keybind on any particular action bar. Using bartender is even easier.

My mouse has like 18 buttons. That’s far more than the game can support, so i have to map each of these mouse buttons to a keyboard button. Then I can bind those keys using the blizz UI or bartender.

The end result is that (to the onlooker) I have strange keybinds set up like semicolon, or end-bracket, stuff like that.

Do you need to do this? Do you need to map this “Bind Pad” perhaps?