Macro Help

Ok I need a bit of help finishing up this macro.

Currently I’m playing my druid and looking for something to allow my shapeshift keybinds to essentially function like live. In case you don’t play druid on live, the way they function on live is, If i’m in no form, I press the form button and shapeshift into that form. If I want to cancel the form I just tap the button again and it returns me to caster form. If I want to shapeshift from say Cat Form into Bear Form I Just tape my Bear Form keybind while in Cat Form and it switches me instantly.

This is my current macro, which does most of the functionality, except for the tap the same button to go to caster form and it is instead putting me right back into the same form instantly.

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cancelform
/cast Cat Form(Shapeshift)

#showtooltip Bear Form
/cancelform
/cast Bear Form(Shapeshift)

Really the only thing I’m trying to fix is allowing me to jump back to caster form when pressing the same form, so I’d just have to double tap it if I was trying to powershift for energy/getting out of stuff.

This thread has some good information:

I’m fairly certain what you’re looking for isn’t possible, but I also don’t think it’s necessary. I’d recommend having your main form macro with the [noform:x] conditional (info in the linked thread), as there’s nothing worse than accidentally hitting your cat button twice and ending up out of form with 30% less mana. I use a separate macro for powershifting, and have a macro for every caster form action. Takes a bit of setup, but trust me it’s worth it!

I swear there used to be a way to put a break in the macro so it’d take a second button press to continue it or 3rd/4th, however many breaks you put.

I can live with having to press the button twice to shift from one form to another.

Edit: I’ve figured out how to do what I need, though it’s now having to press the button twice for switching from one form to another, which I can live with. All I did was rearrage the macro I posted originally and swapped the order of the commands.

I use this:
/cancelform [nostance:1]
/cast Bear Form

/cancelform [nostance:3]
/cast Cat Form

1 Like

I love you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly!!!