Macro help

I’m trying to make a macro with a modifier to cast at mouse location and for some reason it’s not working. I tried it with Rain of Fire and it will only work if I take the modifier out. Is there something I’m missing?

ultimate goal is to have RoF and summon infernal on the same macro with a modifier for summon infernal. Just doesn’t seem to be working for some reason.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@cursor] Rain of Fire

There are a couple of things that can be happening.

In the combat section of the interface panel the modifier key options for mouseover, self, or focus casting can cause all sorts of weird and unpredictable issues with using the modifiers in macros. If you want to use modifiers in macros, it’s probably safest to make sure they are all set to “none.”

On macs with MMO mice, the modifiers don’t always register properly. There’s a pretty easy fix you can do by going into the terminal app.

On the Windows side, Windows will hijack some shift+number pad combos with special functions like “home”. There’s no way around that other than to just use different keys/modifiers.

You can see if either of the two things above are the problem by trying to directly use the modifier+keybind combo for a keybind. On the mac side, you’ll just get it without the modifier, on the Windows side, you’ll get something completely different.

1 Like

Also, keybinds take priority over macro modifiers. By default Shift 1-6 are bound to Action Page 1-6. You’ll need unbind them to use the shift modifier on those keys.

1 Like