Macro help - Noob

Hi All,

I’m have some issues figuring out how to make macros. Is there a website that shows basic macros for each class that you can point me in the right direction? Looking mostly for Sham or Mage.

Thank you
:slight_smile: Have fun at the stress test today

There’s loads of sources online, but generally to find them in a Google search you have to search for the specific kind of macro you want. (“mouseover macro help wow” vs “macro tutorial wow”)

What are you trying to do? Maybe some of us can help you out right here.

For the bare basics ones , I open new macro window, then you can Shift-Click the spell, skill or item… and that will add them to the macro, it would look like this…

/Cast Mortal Strike
/Use Healing potion …These are just a example.

For the more intense ones you can web search them and copy/paste them in the macro window… Once you pick the icon/image then just save.

That looks EXPENSIVE!!! O.o

3 Likes

Cost me tons of gold, actually I don’t understand what you mean .lol

If you are drinking a Healing potion after every mortal strike! That’s expensive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait until we are closer to release, there will be specific guides for each class.

Ohh yes …thats why I said this is just a example.lol

1 Like

Here is a source for Classic Druid macro’s

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0KYU9DKy_WR34PfpSgKc2wOnugncRbd8CLlyfJSN1s/edit

I really need to get things done on WIC and get a macro db up and running

1 Like

No Classic specific guide write-ups just yet, as nobody appears to have created, or otherwise advertised, one for people to use.

So lots of trial and error at present.

Many BFA macros will work, others will behave in “abnormal ways” without a failure condition given, and others will simply not work.

This is a good place to start. Find a current BFA macro and edit it for current spells and abilities.

To do what? “Teach me Macros” is kinda vague, but WoWPedia has a macros section.

I found this thread to be very helpful in that regard:

For those who have group buffs, a macro like this will save you bar space:
#showtooltip
/cast [help]Mark of the Wild;[group]Gift of the Wild;[@player]Mark of the Wild

Turn off automatic self-casting in the Interface options and make something like this for your heals:
#showtooltip
/cast [help]Healing Touch;[group]Healing Touch;[@player]Healing Touch

Makes it so you can heal anyone by simply targeting them and casting or heal yourself if you have no or a hostile target. In party it applies the heal to your cursor instead of automatically healing yourself, so you can click portraits and quickly heal your party members as well.

There is most likely a way to do ranks as well, I haven’t figured it out yet.

2 Likes

This is great. Thank you for the help :slight_smile: Exactly what I was looking for.