Macro for travel form in old zones. Dragon mount in new zones

I use the simple macro /cast [flyable] (whatever mount); (whatever mount).

I really only use it on a couple of toons where I like a certain flying mount that I don’t like to use when grounded, mostly mounts that don’t actually land. Most toons I just have one mount that fits the toon for everything bound to F1.

Druid I would never use a normal mount I just have travel bound to F1.

I downloaded lite mount last night which works but I really just wanted something, set it and forget it. Now I am going through all toons and having to configure this extra add on to just 1 mount for most toons. It works but it is a bit of a pain and an extra add on I just want for druid really.

I’m using
[nomod,noflyable] Dragonriding Mount; Flying Mount that doesn't hurt my soul as a ground mount

2 Likes

Oh, that’d be an Expedition Bloodswarmer then. :slight_smile:

Check out the addon LiteMount. It has the ability to use Dragons when Dragonflight is available. You can select a singular or multiple ground, flyable, swimmng and dragonflight mounts with one keybind and without a macro.

unified mounting macro

/cast [flyable] Obsidian Nightwing; [group:raid] Amani Battle Bear; Cliffside Wylderdrake

or if you play with WM off you can do

/cast [flyable] Obsidian Nightwing; [pvpcombat] Amani Battle Bear; Cliffside Wylderdrake

When does it not work? Places like oribos where you can’t fly or use Dragon Riding
or if you’re in a raid (first macro) or pvp combat (second macro) where it will always call the second mount and for some reason thats not what you want (ie: in a raid while in Dragon Isles).

A conditional for battlegrounds or arenas does not exist so pvp combat works if you play with warmode off.

10 characters

25 Likes

Beautiful works perfectly

Just learned this one on Reddit, but the [dragonridable] conditional works if you don’t want to go straight to the shotgunned approach of select a dragonriding mount.

That’s not a real thing, which is why the game gives you an “unknown macro option” error and ignores it if you try.

and in case anyone’s curious about variant spellings

Apologies then. The topic was discussed here in greater detail, it may be only working because I picked up the ordering of having the dragonriding mount first, so it’s not a solution.

Yeah, it “works” because they’re off-GCD so the macro doesn’t get stopped from executing the following line which presumably would be your non-dragonriding mount(s).

Just remove all mount off favorites(or don’t), then add your dragonriding mount/flying mount/ground mount to favorites and use the random favorite button(it automatically chooses the right mount).

1 Like

Not a terrible idea but the problem I would have is favorites are not toon specific. At this point I seem to have a working macro and in desperation I will use an add on.

I don’t think this works. If you’re on drake and try to use this macro to dismount, it will mount you on your ground mount. I’ve modified it to work:

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/run if (IsUsableSpell(368896)) and (not IsMounted()) then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1590) end
/cast [flyable,nomounted] Yu’lei, Daughter of Jade; [nomounted] Cartel Master’s Gearglider
/dismount [mounted]

For druids:

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/run if (IsUsableSpell(368896)) and (not IsMounted()) then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1590) end
/cast [nomounted] Travel Form
/dismount [mounted]

6 Likes

You are correct it does do that I messed up and hadn’t tried it on the druid even though that’s what this post was originally about… ops. Your modification seems to work perfect on the druid. I added a modifier so I can also use it for travel form where dragonriding is available. It does lose its “tooltip” when mounted though.

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/run if (IsUsableSpell(368896)) and (not IsMounted()) then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1563) end
/cast [nomounted] Travel Form
/dismount [mounted]
/cast [modifier:alt] Travel Form

Actualy it seems like my modifier doesnt work but if I am moving I will cast travel form instead of the drake.

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/run if (IsUsableSpell(368896)) and not IsModifierKeyDown() and not IsMounted() then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1563) end
/cast [mod:alt] [nomounted] Travel Form
/dismount [mounted]
1 Like

Not a druid, but if anyone else finds this topic looking for an alternative, here’s what I use.

/cast [nomod] Ratstallion
/cast [mod:ctrl] Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth
/cast [mod:shift, flyable] Phosphorescent stone drake;Highland Drake

Optimized

/cast [mod:ctrl] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth; [mod:shift,flyable] Phosphorescent Stone Drake; [nomod] Ratstallion; Highland Drake

Could also be rewritten as

/cast [mod:ctrl] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth; [mod:shift,flyable] Phosphorescent Stone Drake; [mod] Highland Drake; Ratstallion

Adding one more option:

• Click for Flying-Mount in normal flying zones or Ground-Mount otherwise. Water-Mount if in water. Dismount if mounted.
  • Shift-Click for Grand Expedition Yak.
  • Ctrl-Click for Dragonriding Mount.
  • Alt-Click for Travel Form if Druid.

/run if IsUsableSpell(368896)and IsControlKeyDown()then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1589)end
/use [mod:alt]Travel Form;[mod:shift]Grand Expedition Yak;[swimming]WATER-MOUNT; [noflyable]GROUND-MOUNT; FLYING-MOUNT
/dismount [mounted]

You can remove [mod:alt]Travel Form; if you’re not a druid.

Thank you to Elvenbane for figuring out IsUsableSpell. Per his post:

Replace 1589 with the ID of the mount you want to summon: 
1589: Renewed Proto-Drake
1590: Windborne Velocidrake
1591: Cliffside Wylderdrake
1563: Highland Drake

Shamelessly stole it from the LiteMount addon; so credit to their devs :slight_smile:

2 Likes