Macro for summoning DF mount or regular flying?

I’m using this one:

#showtooltip
/run if IsUsableSpell(368896) and not IsModifierKeyDown() then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1589) end
/cast [mod:alt]Grand Expedition Yak;[mod]Sandstone Drake;[flyable]Expedition Bloodswarmer;Kor'kron Annihilator

Assuming no mod key held, it puts you on the basic Dragon Mount.

Alt key gives you the Yak (repair mount).
Any other mod key gives you the Sandstone Drake (multi-pass mount).
Flyable zone, gives you Expedition Bloodswarmer.
Any other zone gives you Kor’kron Annihilator.

Added bonus, if you’re on the Dragon Mount and you want to be on a NORMAL ground mount, just tap it again.

You can change which Dragon Mount you get on by changing 1589 to the mount ID of one of the other three Dragon Mounts.

Most of the credit for this goes to Elvenbane. I tweaked it for other mount types I like.

Note: Inside Dragon Isles, it is not going to show the dragon mount on the icon. I can live with that.

1 Like

Ah modifier, unfortunately mounts are ctrl-1 key which is considered modifier-down in macro. :confused:

10 characters

5 Likes

This situation, binding a button to a mod-key combination, is generally a bad idea. It limits the scope of macros badly.

The macro can be modified to use (and ignore) the ctrl key, but I’m not going to post that. It’ll just feed bad habits.

Someone else might.

1 Like

That might be true but OTOH when one has multiple alts making 1,472 different macros for various spells and such can be tedious and time consuming, especially when some spells got changed or removed and you want to add new spells with expansions.

Instead I have 4 sets of bars, one with number 1-0 plus - and + key, second one with shift-keys, third bar with CTRL-keys, and 4th one with ALT-keys. Anytime I need to change, just drag spells, items, and etc around. No need to open macro, scroll down for the specific macro, edit it, test it on some dummies to verify it works correctly.

Here’s what I came up with that is working for me. Thank you for the /run command.

#showtooltip
/run if IsUsableSpell(368896)then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1563)end
/use [swimming]Subdued Seahorse
/use [flyable,nomod][flyable,mod:shift]Tangled Dreamweaver;Smoky Charger
/dismount [mounted]

Elvenbane, Asheru those 2 are great but I found one issue for druid. If I was in cat, tree, or bear form I get error message I’m in shapeshift form and the macro summon ground mount instead. So adding /cancelform as the second line fixes this. I am not sure about other classes yet like shaman wolf form.

do you have autoUnshift turned off?
/console autoUnshift 1

That did the trick. I guess it’s on by default?

Hi all,

This works fine for me in

#showtooltip
/cast [dragonflight] Windborne Velocidrake
/cast [flyable, nomounted] Violet Proto-Drake
/cast [noflyable, nomounted] Swift Spectral Tiger
/cast [nomounted] Swift Spectral Tiger
/dismount [mod:shift]
3 Likes

Should be but sounds like yours was off.

Because its ignoring the non-existent [dragonflight] condition and mounts are off the GCD so it moves on to the next line if you can’t mount it.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!

This is the current mount macro, don’t use the outdated abominations from this thread:

2 Likes

To put a bit more context on this,
the “abomination” originally proposed is actually what you had to do when DF first came out. Many months later Blizz added the “advflyable” condition which checks if you are in a zone where dragon flying is allowed.

This whole thing would be so much easier if they just made the dragon flying mounts work like regular flying mounts when outside of the DF zones.

1 Like

is there a version that includes a swimming mount when that is appropriate?

[swimming] swimming_mount;

Stick it in whatever priority you want. I personally don’t do swimming without a modifier because it interferes with flying out of water.

If I put it first, it prevents me from flying away from the water. if there was a way to add a modifier to force dragon and normal flight when in that situation, without impacting other cases it would be perfect for me. I use the ravenous mount add-on now, but a macro is always my preference.

[nomod,swimming] swimming_mount;

@Elvenbane

#showtooltip
/cast [advflyable] DRAGONRIDING_MOUNT; [flyable] FLYING_MOUNT; GROUND_MOUNT
/dismount [mounted]

what am I missing, this does not work for me

in fact this doesn’t work either

#showtooltip /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Rebuke

I’m assuming you have to actually put what mount you want summoned