Macro for changing soulbinds?

Is there a way to macro changing from one soulbind (Pelagos) to another (Kleia)?

For anyone looking for this, I figured it out.

Here’s the script:
/run C_Soulbinds.ActivateSoulbind(x)

For x, you have to put in whatever the proper soulbind ID is. For Pelagos, it’s 7. For Kleia, it’s 13.

I’m not sure what the other ones are. But if you want to find the ID for your currently equipped soulbind, you can do:
/run print(C_Soulbinds.GetActiveSoulbindID())

Hopefully that helps anyone googling this!

14 Likes

Ah, just what I was trying to find!

I use a different soulbind for each spec and I ALWAYS forget to change the soulbind when I spec swap.

Figure I should be able to put together a quick macro to do this now. Something like:

/run SetSpecialization(1)
/run C_Soulbinds.ActivateSoulbind(x)

Insane this isn’t a feature baked into the game, like how you can tie gear sets to specs. Equally insane no one has made an addon to do this!

UPDATE: Wow, so this is all me being kind of stupid. The catch is that you can’t swap a soulbind outside of a rested area, but you CAN swap a spec anywhere. If you’re in a rested area, your soulbind will swap just fine.

2 Likes

Whenever you swap specs it should load you into your most recently used soulbind as that spec.

this is a macro I have written for my dh to swap between niya and korayn. You can edit the numbers to your proper soulbinds.

/script x=C_Soulbinds.GetActiveSoulbindID() if(x==1) then C_Soulbinds.ActivateSoulbind(6) else C_Soulbinds.ActivateSoulbind(1) end

2 Likes

Hey thank you!! I just checked and Forgelite Prime Mykanos is soulbind ID 18 if anyone is wondering! Pelagos 7, Kleia 13 just like you said :+1: