Mac'aree has been renamed to Eredath

A trash name for a trash zone, seems fitting

5 Likes

Jump in lake
 I can think anyway I want.

1 Like

You’d think that would make it less important for there to be any changes. If it’s “just a video game” then why care at all? And this push for erasing history in game is made by the same sorts of people who want to purge RL of anything they don’t like at the same time. It’s the same movement, and it’s not going to have a positive outcome.

History exists to teach. When you destroy it, you are unlearning the failures of the past and setting yourself up to repeat them.

19 Likes

This is one of those weird moments where I actually outright prefer the new name.

21 Likes

It sounds much better. :wine_glass:

6 Likes

There are all kinds of things in this world worth getting worked up about and making into a big deal. This is not one of them. I can’t believe the silly things people choose as their causes.

7 Likes

This is literally 1984 goerge orwen, when sex pests get their names removed from games

15 Likes

Never once did I put “Jesse McCree” with “Mac’aree”.

Kinda dumb, ngl.

22 Likes

It’s just a forum post. When I’m worked up about something I take an entirely different tact. In this case I’m simply making an observation.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure that Valen mentions the name Macʻaree in one or two of his speeches.
Are they gonna redo all his lines or just insert the new word (said slightly off and obviously cut and pasted) into the dialog?

“Quickly Champion, we must travel to 
 < Eredath >
 to fight the forces of the Legion and save my people!”

3 Likes

ah yes, dictating what people are allowed and not allowed to think

you’re a gem~

1 Like

If this is what it really is I would be fine with it. Sounds a bit cooler.

Still ultimately pointless imo since its old content unless we return there or it is referenced enough to justify the change.

Without pronouns my vernacular is nigh to normal.

Not at all.
I daresay this is an absolute waste of time and resources that would better have served making the game bearable from expansion launch.
But what know I? I am nobody of import, less yet one of the profiteering conclave of suited rats that have lead Warcraft down this darksome path.

Enough of that. Back to DA:O with me.

7 Likes

weird move

it’s not even an original name if you google it :wink:

they didnt spend much time on this one.

The best part of Argus, because it showed how the Original Draenei civilization was

Well, it can still show it without a dumb name.

I was wondering the same thing, was the dialogue re-recorded?

1 Like

I will always miss your purple hills Mac’Aree. :sob: :cry:

2 Likes

I hope its better than that.
“Quickly Champion, we must travel to
dead air
 to fight the forces of the Legion and save my people!”

Ah, a worgen of culture.

2 Likes