Mac Studio vs M2 Mini

I am curious if anyone has any experience with this (I realize the new M2 mini just came out so perhaps this question is too soon). But that said in regards to wow gaming performance how do these two computers compare? I would assume cost wise that they would be pretty close in price because the M2 mini would need some upgrades (RAM, SSD maybe even GPU cores)?

Someone posted about using an M1 mini that seemed to play pretty well in the thread below.

M2 non-inclusive, but I benched the entry Studio Ultra here:

Maybe someone with an M2 can chime in and we can put something together.

Here’s a link that might be helpful

https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/01/20/m2-pro-max-gpus-are-fast----but-not-faster-than-m1-ultra

1 Like

I just so happen to have an M2 Pro (entry lvl, $1200 model) and here is basically what I get. These are running at 5k on an Apple Studio Display.

Typically I run 25man Raid at Lvl 5 just due to the amount of people and stuff flying everywhere. Everywhere else I do Lvl 6 for extra pretties of the world.

Lvl 4: 55-68 fps
Lvl 5 (Recommended): 45-60
Lvl 6: 43-46
Lvl 7: 35-40

Just for giggles I hooked up a 1920x1080 monitor and Lvl 6 I was getting 120fps

Note: this wasn’t super scientific. Took a few notes while running around Dal in Classic and when we were clearing Ulduar.

why not use FSR and 50% render scale to get more frames out of it? the upscaling tech decent enough that you wouldn’t too much sharpness.

M2 Max with level 10 settings at 3456x2234 (16") at 100% scale is ~60-80fps sitting in town.