Mac OS Monterey

I decided to be brave and update to Monterey. If you have been wondering and waiting I just thought I’d let you know that after upgrade I’ve had absolutely no issues with the game at all.

Macbook Pro 16 2019
2.4 8-Core Intel i9
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB

/carry on

7 Likes

any performance change ?

Very brave indeed.

1 Like

Nope…not for the better or worse where game is considered. Overall OS/Finder/App launch performance however feels a little snappier but could just be due to indexing/cleanup after the upgrade who knows.

12.0.1 is probably most stable OS release in a while. usually .0 and .0.1 releases have been buggy messes from apple, but 12.0.1 is actually more stable than even 11.6 was.

Maybe because macOS 12 was such a lackluster update they actually spend some time just cleaning it up

9.1.5 is running miserably bad on my 16in MBP. Frame rate is brutal and the computer fan is kicking in instantly. Not sure what’s happened but this wasn’t an issue a day ago.

Likely not related to Monterey at all. I relied to you in other thread.

I upgraded to Monterey and WoW will no longer launch for me at all. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times but nothing. I hit play, the WoW app bounces forever in a “not responding” status. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Nuke plists?

I have the same problem.

My macbook have the same problem after update.

interesting, i just updated to Monterey over the weekend and yesterday (12/16/21) now when I press launch for Season of Mastery the entire battle net client crashes with tons of errors. Have a ticket in with screenshots so hopefully get a reply back soon. Re-installing battlenet launcher didn’t resolve it either >.<

I have had similar issues - initially a BLZBNTAGT0000BB8 error… tried reinstalling battle.et and then the whole game… still no luck
I have an older iMac which can’t be upgraded to Monterery- had been using this old computer until about 3 weeks ago… so tried running today on the old computer… and same darn error… hoping if someone solves this they can post for all of us soon…

so i reinstalled the Battlement app which now appears to work but now im getting
The CAS system was unable to initialize Client Handler: initialization error:failed fetching the CDN configuration file
and so on

Did they manage to fix it? I am just about to buy next 6months, but don’t want to hold on waiting.