M+ & ranking system

I’m sure this has been proposed, but we REALLY need some kind of ranking system to align people together better based on their performance through dungeons. One of my friends mentioned something about IO being added next expac?

Hopefully this addresses the situation. & having some form of incentive for highers to help lowers learn the dungeons would be nice. Maybe some kind of mentor thing you can earn really cool & exclusive rare thing/s from?.

People by nature want to be rewarded for their efforts; this can be taken advantage of to make the game a much better place for all. Just ask yourself (BLIZZ) what you are incentivizing before you implement it. :slight_smile:

Edit: I know some coaching couldn’t hurt me:) Could be a benefit to a ton of people.

not next xpac. in 9.1 there will be an internal ranking system.

1 Like

It’s literally in the next patch.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, part of me wants to read the patch notes but another part of me longs for discovery for at least the first couple weeks. I tend to go with the latter even though I guess it’s not exactly optimal.

The system being added wont change anything unlike your op is asking for. Its not going to allign people any more via the news we have of it so far.

As per raid io that has been working on the system with blizzard the system is “vary similar” to the way raider ios system works.

As such no it is NOT related to performance in dungeon’s it is ONLY related to experience. Making it performance based would not be anywhere near similar so we know that’s not happening. Just like we know there is not going to be a leaver tracker as that again would be a massive difference. Unless blizzard is hiding even from even raid io there working with that is possible but not super likely. As such it will not align people together better than now it will be the same as now. People can buy a run and get the experience or they can earn it. The system will not show if x is going to do more dps or of x knows the route well. It will only show how many times x has done it, this might mean 50 runs of them afk as paid carrys run them by or it might mean 50 runs of them tanking needing to know every element.

Blizzard adding it to the game is blizzard showing how key the score system is and how integrated it is to the m+ game.

No there should not be a bonus for running lower score players through instances that would only be rewarding those that already sell paid carries. While players should be rewarded for running the correct level of content for them not for “boosting” lower score players. It most def should NOT reward exclusives “forcing” players to have to replay content they are past to get some reward. At best a token reward they can earn faster via doing the correct level content would make more sense. The game should not be encouraging boosts more than already is. For example giving augment runes on completion would be able the limit I could see “rewarding” players for doing lower keys by making more runes drop as you go to higher keys so you want to do the best key to can but helping a lower player is not a total waste. As such you are not feeling forced to do so such as exclusive rewards would do.

That being said a spectate option for m+ and raid would be nice.

1 Like

*That would be called Twitch

In 8.3 on my ret when I would see bonus augment runes and gold for que’ing into a heroic dungeon as a tank or healer, and I would join as those roles and stay ret.

I would then chain pull the dungeon and effectively solo the place with off-heals as needed and it was only a bonus if my party stayed alive. I’m sure some players loved it when I would do this and some would hate it.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to incentivize this sort of play but if they’re going to incentivize me I will do it.

No it would not be, and is not. That is not a mode of the game as such not an option but n said game, as such not a possible thing for me to mean. That is someone recording not blizzard letting someone spectate vastly different.

Watching via a vid and using a spectate mode is vastly different.

You can see spectate mode as has been used in other games and durring the MDI. A player or many players are able to move around as spirits freely within the instance area. This gives a completely different perspective than twich or other streaming content can ever give, via players eyes. While giving access to allowing late members or members beyond the 20 or 5 to join and watch without being stuck to a given players view that is not ideal to say the least. This further allows for the spectators to interact with the game such as place marks for other spectators to see or better for the players to see to aid in coaching.

If you don’t understand what a spectator MODE is, as such granting an option to spectate via a spectator option in game, really should ask before trying to correct. Twich is not a spectator mode it is a streaming service they are no where near the same thing.

You really think they would add a spectator mode? People want to play the game not watch other people play thats literally what Twitch is for. They cant make dungeons right you think they will make a spectator mode where we can float around in ghost mode? Yes they have it but for the MDI not for everyone else lol.

No one would use this besides maybe the 1% even they wont do it.
Twitch is your film/spectate/learn new things.
Twitch- You can ask questions to the streamer “Why did you pull that” “Oh how can I improve my gameplay” “How can I mitigate dmg” etc. A nice streamer will help. You watch them do a dungeon they say what they are doing then people copy. Youtube has videos of every dungeon and commentary from the teams or certain roles.

No one would use spectator mode would be a complete waste of resources.

When did I ever say I think they would add one do read.

Said it would be nice massive difference saying it would be nice to have one vs thinking they would add one.

It is also not a waste of resources as it’s already made, it’s already there in the code for MDI it’s only moving it over. That is a vary small amount of recourses to move code that already works in the current game into the current game. It’s only changing what is prob limited to no ui for it to a community friendly ui. So not a massive undertaking.

As for claiming only the 1 percent (and not even them really) would use that is outright untrue and has already been proved to not be the case. Already guilds outside the 1 percent raid lead with a 21th man that would use said system. While said system has even been requested by the 1 percent, prime example limit max. Already people do coach over twich that would use the system as being able to mark and more clearly communicate to the ones your coaching is vastly better than just voice. Already many raid nights such a system has come up as would be nice as during prog having people outside the group seeing a issue while watching streams only to be unable to mark and effectively communicate what there saying when there is a issue, requiring third party tools to get around it.

Also blizzard dosent only want you to play no they want you logged and and taking part in content. Spectating within the game is vary much part of that, watching on twich thou is acceptable as your at least thinking about the content is less ideal for them, as not logged in. Furthermore coaching and helping friends further gets you playing with them and has been shown to be the best way to keep players (via having the players attached to a social group). You should not try to claim what blizzard wants when you obv don’t understand what a company wants. They don’t care if your playing the game they only care if your involved with the content and as such paying your sub and likly to stay.

Once again just since you don’t understand what it would take to add something dosent mean it should not be added or that it would not be nice to be there. Just like you should not claim people won’t use it when you don’t understand the ones that would want such a system. There is no negatives at all to having a spectator mode only positives. There is no losses for adding it so your comments make 0 sense.

1 Like