M+ Leaving is now considered actionable griefing? Updated with Proof

Yes it was a real person, he tacked that on at the end, i talked with him several times through the night, i have his emails here and would post the responses if i could. He didn’t really seem to want to deal with me and i was fearful of being punished if i kept pushing the issue, and wondered if i should try later to put ina nother ticket or risk being retaliated against

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it, or reopen the ticket and ask specifically what got you the warning.

People leave keys all the time.

What you have is an automated time out, which expired. No action was taken because there was no evidence that the player leaving did anything wrong. If a human looked at the chat logs and saw nothing untoward, they weren’t going to take action. And if anything was said in discord, that doesn’t count as evidence.

1 Like

No, the only thing the individual said was upon leaving the key after the disaster was “Sorry im not dealing with this” as the other 4 spam messaged hateful stuff, and now i know spam reported. The individual did not reply to said person

It’s basically /threadover with this post ^

And good, sound advice as well

As for the OP’s question… no, leaving a bad M+ group isn’t actionable in and of itself - the part where you said “I’m not dealing with this” is what you got an account penalty for

Not worth the risk saying offhand remarks about a bad group, just leave/hearth out, it’s what I do

Usually what I’ll do is, after the wipe I’ll wait for the teammates to be out of range, then quickly drop group and discreetly hearth out to my garrison (faster cast time)

2 Likes

That seems reasonable.

Sorry about your negative experience. I hope that you reported them. :dracthyr_heart:

1 Like

So there’s more to this story than we’re getting, is basically what it boils down to. Because this right here tells me there was a behavioral issue of some sort.

Things to remember:

1. If right click report doesn’t work, there is a harassment ticket that can be submitted. BUT you must first ignore the person or people in question.
  2. NEVER respond back in any way.
  3. A warning is not a sanction. It’s just a warning.
  4. You can always ask in the CS forums if you’re having trouble finding the correct report or ticket path.

Here’s an explanation from one of our SFAs:

1 Like

It was an in game pop up warning said individual that they had committed a offense and received a warning. im still on pins and needles hoping its over for good and i have indeed learned my lesson to not speak at all, but…this doesn’t seem right at all

Just say it straight man. The hypothetical framing is unnecessary and convoluted.

It’s not griefing, but if you don’t give the boss at least three tries, I think you’re kind of a quitter. At least that’s my rule when healing.

4 Likes

I was going to let it go and be the bigger person after putting them on ignore, until i got the warning and then i was scrollin back up to do so, but i guess them being from another server and not being in the group any more there was no menu or option for report player so i could not do so

I don’t think it’s so much defending the hostile parties, as they’re guilty also. Leaving a M+ is unethical, especially since you left after only 1 wipe on the first boss, regardless of what happened up until that point.

“Sorry I’m not dealing with this” is not an acceptable reason to leave a M+ run in my opinion. Did you try and offer help? They could be a newer player who may not understand some of the hidden intricacies in WoW such as how to keep yourself alive in tough situations. They get one shot, they may not know why, and then a player leaves their run immediately after saying they’re not going to deal with this. It’s not good for the community, we should be willing to offer help to those less knowledgeable, even if that means eating a little more of your time. You signed up for the key with the assumption you are there to complete it. I’m not saying you have to suffer for hours in the dungeon, but you should really give it a conscious effort. I’ve had M+ runs where it’s a disaster up until the first boss, but then smooth the rest of the run. You never know.

1 Like

Unless you’re a single dad who plays wow 1 hour/week, you get to a point where it doesn’t matter if someone leaves.

2 Likes

One doesn’t even need a reason to leave a keystone dungeon, though.

Yeah, it’s important to make peace with it as you put the key in.

Yes, there is this affix that’s always present in PuG life, it’s called the “the leaver” affix.

pro tip, exit dungeon, pull up finder, queue for the next.

don’t waste time making posts on forum and arguing with people about whats right and wrong cause thats just more time wasted.

5 Likes

Thank you very much, i’ve been a nervous wreck over this since last night idk if this is the same situation as the blue post you put in for reference, but i hope its the same case here, i would give you the emails if i could, i swear, they didn’t give me chat logs or anything, simply said that the action was correct and was from the automated system but someone looked at it, i did not respond to them at all only ignored them after they whispered me, and the GM told me straight up that i left the key i pugged into, giving them no chance to complete it, and that it was considered griefing.

I have no reason to lie, i’d post all the conversation with the GM if i could do so.

That GM needs to be called out, because that GM is full of it.

There is no rule anywhere that states you must stay in a M+ pug for ANY reason.

6 Likes

im going to pull up my emails and post copy paste the text i guess, is that…allowed?

Leaving is probably only actionable if you left right as the key started before anything had happened since that is obvious you just destroyed their key maliciously. I still doubt you’ll actually get actioned though.

Now running your mouth is definitely where you’re going to get in trouble. I had 2-3 keys in BH this morning fail at that broken AF wall boss. Nobody got mad. We just said oh well and that was that. The rogue is just stupid overtuned though. Taking what you said at face value, you didn’t say or do anything wrong.

The onus still falls to you as much as the group leader to vet the group. Anyone not over 400k (really even like 450k at this point) HP in double digit keys is an automatic red flag imo

IMO leaving a M+ group should be punished similarly to how Blizz punishes players who leave Overwatch matches early. Give them an increasing cd to join a new one before ultimately ending up in a ban.

2 Likes

There’s your answer right there. As in my previous comment, you joined a timed key and there is an expectation that you join to complete it. It’s not like you left after wiping for an hour, you left while there was still time on the clock. That’s griefing.

1 Like