M+ De Other Side

Why is this dungeon always cutting it close? This timer made this dungeon go from my absolute favorite int eh entire game right now to my most hated. The timer is just way to stressful and causes nothing but problems because of the timer, there just simply isn’t enough time to efficiently complete this dungeon imo.

I assume you’re talking about this week.

Players aren’t doing bolstering correctly. I’ve pugged plenty this week to see that for myself lol. That’s why I think people are struggling with the timer. There’s plenty of nice skips you can do here actually that save time…

1 Like

You know what, this makes sense. Bolstering ain’t fun.

2 Likes

Main issue is people are not killing the trash packs as evenly as possible

3 Likes

ToP and HoA have much tighter timers than DoS. As long as you have decent dps and a clean run you will be fine.

3 Likes

Although I think Blizz made a lot of good changes (mostly nerfs) to mythic+ for 9.1, I was surprised to see that the DoS timer hadn’t been extended by a minute.

It is a little silly the way the trash is distributed (90% Ardenweald). And there’s also a bunch of running around not doing anything in the center.

At a minimum killing the three bosses should insta=port you all the way back to the center ring IMO.

3 Likes

You only need 64% from Ardenweald, which is a far shot from your 90%. They already provided a massive time addition in 9.0.

2 Likes

Is joke, komrad.

2 Likes

It’s really not that far off tbh. Why does Ardenweald have sooooo much trash anyways? Makes no sense

To give you options. The trash in Ardenweald is optional. You can choose to kill more of it if you’d rather skip the much more annoying trash in the other wings.

Halls certainly needs a minute or two added. Otherwise, making some of those packs after the 2nd boss worth a lot more %. Just seems like you have to kill so much more in Halls than most dungeons.
One thing I’m noticing with DoS is that everyone goes all around the world to collect all the buffs before killing a boss. I don’t know if that’s actually the best way to do it on Bolstering + Fortified week. None of the bosses actually need them on non-tyrannical, and that’s a lot of back tracking time.
PS: Who da hell thought it was cool to make Bolstering + Fortified a thing? This is an extremely toxic combo, especially when there are stupidly big packs like the 1st Goliath in Spires, and the one before the boss. Even with cleaving off the Goliath it still gets stupidly big.

4 Likes

There’s really not that much backtracking, it’s more the bloodlust timing that is the issue when you collect all buffs first. You can skip a fair bit though if you are careful (e.g. you can right past the trash before Hakkar stairs and the mask after that if you hug the centre).

1 Like

The only trash packs that are really scary are the big ones with the Death Speakers. The tank is just gonna get one shot by 50-70k shadow core casts if they’re not interrupted. So doing any skips minus the two dental drills in mech aren’t really that big of a deal. The Dental drills are just stupid high hp for the % they give.
I think I might try a route where hero first pull, clear ring to Mechagon. Hmm even that has a fair amount of back track. I know it’s not a lot of time spent back tracking, but it’s still wasting time.

It’s really a calculation on how much time can be saved with 3-4 of the buffs. Soggodon is in the mech wing this week, arguably you don’t have to do him and go ardenweald first to get the 2 damage posers and the meh power.

Hell, you could get the fire from Hakkar side and go straight for ardenweald and spend nearly every pull in the dungeon with all the damage boosts. If you can save the 1-2m of travel, it’s net neutral overall.

1 Like

Man you should’ve seen DoS at the beginning of the expac, the timer back then was wayyyyyy too tight to the point where you could have a perfectly clean run and still miss the timer lmao, not to mention how overtuned/buggy the bosses were. Was wild.

Anyway, it’s not as tight as it was. ToP and HoA are much tighter these days. I do wish they’d do something about the running around in DoS. It feels horrible to have to run through the corridors after the bosses.

4 Likes

Now that the pne website is aggregating data we don’t have to feelycraft, DoS I’m pretty sure is the least finished in-time by a cle
ar margin.

On my phone can’t remember the website name though.

The fact bolstering is on a fort week is justification enough at how terrible the dev team is

1 Like

The fact that I can time 6/8 at +18 and 1/8 on +19 while being 240 ilvl is justification that it was balanced well. Bolstering isn’t really an issue when played correctly.

3 Likes

This is most likely due to just how big the packs of mobs are, and how many packs they stuffed into that place.

DoS was really tight when Shadowlands released, but a few timer nerfs later, it feels pretty good to me. There are several other dungeons I feel are much less forgiving now.

3 Likes