M+ Cryptic Hero Title Score Updated Daily

i love ksm responses

They do this so consistently people must be working hard to ignore that connection. Yes. That’s why they change FOTM every patch. That’s why some specs are totally beaten down and stay that way. They want people to reroll. Your character of the moment is merely a vessel you use to display your superior performance.

They don’t want you to be attached to your character/race/class. What do you think this is, an RPG?

1 Like

:yawning_face: How about you focus on the rest of the game instead of your precious e-sport crap?

5 Likes

It’s the same concept as rewarding gladiator titles. How does this distract from making new content?

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve always believed this to be the case. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Ugh. This is…just ugh. I wish ret was better.

2 Likes

Woah woah woah it’s literally just a title awarded to a certain group of players. I doubt any more than 5 minutes went into the creation of this “content”.

2 Likes
  • Does said content require a ret to be a blessing/buff/aura bot (with value only being added with a second pally that is preferably ret too)
  • Can that role be filled by a prot/holy
  • Has blizz done a d3 season 10000% tuning change for ret that will go unnoticed by people

If yes to the above ret will not change nor be desirable.

The fact that you have to be in the top 0.1% of all players doing the content to get this is just… really dumb.

I don’t think anyone is looking for hand outs here but I really don’t think top 5% of players on a toon specific achievement is going to hurt the player base. Anything over 3k honestly should get it. And that’s probably still significantly less than 5% of the M+ population.

I mean 3K is a seriously good measure and achievement. It’s almost border line criminal to keep the top season rewards limited to such a small number of players. Literally when you mix 5% of people into the entire server populations you’re still barely going to see the titles or mounts running around.

2 Likes

Here’s the stats so far about season 3:

Naturally this is just the population doing m+, it’s not a parameter of the entire population, nor of only characters at 60, nor can we readily assess unique accounts. It’s just pure character counts over all characters that have done m+.

In which case for NA/OCE on both factions 6.6% of characters have earned 3k+ rating. Which is the lowest % out of all regions that we have api (hence why other areas call this the “for fun region”).

Even that seems completely fair and reasonable to me as a reward status. shrug

You have to keep in mind that like for korea, the value is 15.6%, for taiwan it’s 17.6%.

In those cases why even give out a reward if that many people get it, while passing it off as a prestigious metric?

And we can’t even begin to know just how many in China would pass that metric.

Would be wonderful if it was based on spec. Lots of updates and tracking, news etc, for a title so insanely exclusive.

1 Like

I’m not asking anyone to. I’m talking about North America. IDC what policies they have for Korea or China. I don’t live or play in those regions.

However I think a flat top 5% or 6% in NA regardless of rating seems legit fair.

So you’re expecting blizz to give reward discrepancies between regions? Lmao

Here you go tw/kr players have a reward just because some americans complained enough.

That’ll go over really well. The teleports are what they deemed acceptable enough of a reward and there doesn’t seem to be any possibility of change.

Uhh… yeah? If a region has a player base that is comprised of 3 billion people a huge amount of which are massively competetive gamers they should have different policies than a country of 300 million where the vast majority are over weight middle aged working folks.

This is just common sense. We don’t price our hamburgers based on what they are selling in China do we? No, because China has no bearing on us. China’s WoW policies have ZERO impact on NA. They are different regions and don’t interact with one another at all.

As far as teleports go, I mean, I have some but what’s the point. They aren’t really that great of a reward. Come S4 most of them are pointless now except my Tazavesh ones. And they are character specific. Lame rewards if you ask me. They are good for here and now but eventually will become antiquated and useless.

First off I am not talking about china. They have no public api, and the game is not managed by blizz. Korea, Taiwan and Europe however are managed by blizz. As such the company has a flat pass way in which they want to reward players that are directly governed by themselves.

Burgers just aren’t the target audience anymore, except when it comes to tokens and store mounts.

I’m always thinking about “class balance” vs. “spec balance” when it comes to alternatives in how they plan things out. There are 36 specs, 20 slots in mythic raid… but 12 classes can all fit.

Repeatedly, they have tried to implement more “choices” over time, and every time they have come out in a way people didn’t like. From focusing on a single legion weapon with AP, to choosing a covenant, they inevitably removed all of it, and really only left one: what class did you choose on the character selection screen. Specs can be swapped at any time, so it’s not a forced choice, and many classes can share gear between specs, and they improved that a bit with the last round of weapon usage updates. If they can provide some reason to bring each class into mythic raid (hence why buffs exist), you can therefore never make a “wrong choice”. However, 36 specs, some classes with 3 dps specs, you want to provide the best you can for your group, there will be “wrong specs”.

I think whether they go as far as spec is really the question of: what “choice” do we want people to master: the class or the spec? I feel like class balance would be easier, and I do think they NEED to make it so classes are provided equal opportunity, that includes the top .1%. Right now, you could theoretically have 0 there, that should NEVER happen.

That was a bit descriptive in the challenge between spec/vs class, but hopefully will spark some good dialog :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Yeah, good call. Class keeps it broader while opening the scope of the title and there is typically one competitive spec in every class.

My only concern there, is that there are people who only play one spec out of each class. You could still be the most insane #1 Sin rogue in the world and have little chance at getting the achievement. There actually would be zero Sin rogues in the cutoff range, but the top is only a few points off. The top Aff lock in the world is 3400 IO. Should players be punished for playing a spec of choice? I think that’s what the importance of balance always comes back to. If the specs are balanced, you could easily do it by class, and maybe not even need to do it by class either. IDK if we ever get that though.