M+ are good and terrible for the game

M+ are good :

• M+ are good because it’s a game mode that you can spam every day. It’s a challenge you can do with randoms players , easy to pug . Very easy to get into it compared to raiding ( Mythic ) + you have a fixed timer of 30-45min so it’s easy to plan in your game time.

• M+ is the best way to get good/decent gear really fast , maybe too easy . 246 ilvl/252(vault) vs 252/259 Mythic raiding . You are not time-gated , you can spam it all days unlike raiding . You don’t have to wait weekly reset to get good gear , 246 ilvl is pretty good for the majority of players .

• M+ is by far the most popular type of content

M+ are terrible :

• Loots are abundant and too good . The Gearing process is not exciting because how easy it is and spammable . Upgrading your gear with a currency don’t feel good too . I would prefer loot a +246 piece flat in M+20/+25 , than valor upgrade system .

• M+15 cap make the game very boost friendly . +15 are not hard because you easily outgear it at 1 point , you don’t really need to be good at the game to offer boosting services .
    +15 keys are way too much easy for what it give ( +252 mythic raiding piece in the vault ) in my opinion .

• The most important point is , I feel like Blizzard is designing the game around M+ , They know the majority of players are nowadays , are gearing through M+ + The Vault and not in raids .
    M+ are too efficient for gearing , it make raid gearing a joke .

Blizzard is making all theses systems / Borrowed powers to time-gate you because how easy Gearing is easy and not time-gated with M+ . Before M+ , you were time-gated by Raids . You had no choice to gear through Raids , the difference between Dungeon vs Raid gear was enormous .

I think they should remake M+ loot system . It’s not a coincidence Legion was the born of Mythic+ and massive systems/Borrowed powers .

8 Likes

Its biggest crime is destroying class design. MMOs shouldn’t be designed around minmaxing 5 man content

29 Likes

This statement is true, but it’s missing details… yes, the only game in town, mythic plus, is how the majority, of the “remaining” players gear up their toons. The true majority of the playerbase, has unsubbed.

10 Likes

I don’t know if they unsubbed because of M+ , ik lot of people hate M+ specialy the old playerbase . I think M+ is a good addition to the game just they need to offer more options of gearing so people are not forced to go in M+

5 Likes

Yup! Totally felt like I was being funneled into this content this Expac. Part of what ticked me off.

And a lot of players unsubbed for this reason - so it wasn’t so “majority” as Blizz thought. I’ve even noticed on the forum that’s *mostly the players left.

This.

I don’t know the actual numbers since Blizzard doesn’t release them but there are some major issues with this expansion. The last update with the changes to leveling speed, currency boosts and BoA gear are normally something they do in the last patch.

:cookie:

1 Like

Want to fix the issue with overlapping gear and stuff ?. A controversial solution si that gear gained from a certain M+ Level, lets say +5 and up, for the sake of the example. gear obtained (with higher item level) from M+5 and onwards, have beneficial stats and works only on M+ content.

that way you wont remove the importance of having people raid, or raid gear. followed by a decrease in Ads and sellers of M+ content, and the “Optional” required weekly M+ dungeon farming to get gear to get ahead of the difficulty gap in Raiding.

The game is in part and RPG in the end, and the highest gear possible (which should work outside in call content, excluding pvp) should come from the highest difficulty in raid, they are harder bosses mechanically and groupwise

2 Likes

well, sure you know… you make statements, mythic plus is good for the game, and we already know raiding has been raiding in all expansions of the game.

So, if these statements are true, and the game is shrunk down to just players remaining, saying the majority of the remainder are mythic plus and raiders, it is also true stating those that unsubbed did not favor the current game. The unsubbed left for what’s missing, not what’s still included.

The problem with your post is, you list mythic plus as good for the game, but when you list the terrible, you’re not listing for the game, but what’s terrible for mythic plus. It’s not really one in the same.

I’ve already been unsubbed for 10 months of this expansion… I will be unsubbed again before 10.0 lands. I’ve got 2-3 more alts to get to 60, so I’ll play my main and alts thru 9.2, get em ready for 10.0. And then I’ll unsub, I won’t pay for the content drought to follow.
Unsub… not quit… although it’s already known, so many never resub.

1 Like

WoW’s gearing system is preposterous. All the issues stem from the stat treadmill, not how hard or how easy the stat treadmill is. The stat treadmill cheapens everything, makes everything cynical and exploitable. It ties Blizzard’s hands in what kind of content they can design. It makes balance impossible. If the stat progression system made sense, people wouldn’t want to be paid carried, because all artificially inflating your ratings and progress would do is make your own life difficult. The stats are just an arbitrary number on a sheet, you should be able to grind out the max anywhere in any content. A person’s progress should be how well they know the content and how well they know their spec. This a really obvious thing, but Blizzard has been gaslighting people into the manipulative treadmill and paid carrying nonsense so long they will always be trapped in it.

6 Likes

Me playing only one character and spec is the only reason I’ve geared as much as I have. So yeah I agree with you.

1 Like

The “first day sales” (which actually included a year of presales" set a “record” (compared to previous years like BfA with a shorter presales window and Legion and earlier expansions that did not include presales, so apples and oranges) of 3.7 million, 10% more than BfA. Presumably a fair number of players also bought it in the next month. So 5 million copies sold?

Estimates prior to the mage tower were that there were at that time 1-2 million players. Since then a lot of players have gone on break, some until 9.2, some until 10.0 or beyond.

Yeah, that’s less than half.

M+ has become an esport option for the game. They will expand upon it because there’s quite a bit of money in esports. I also think M+ has made the game better. It gives players something else to do. Gearing complaints are stupid since gear alone doesn’t make one successful at the game. You can be at a 252 ilvl but if you don’t know the mechanics or your class, you can expect to have a bad time. I also don’t think boosting is as big of a problem as people like to claim it is. It’s the advertising that’s the problem. And it’s really more annoying than an actual problem.

4 Likes

More true statements, that apply to the remaining subbed playerbase… not the unsubbed, who don’t have posting privileges, to say Mythic Plus sucks.

Why is that an important distinction… simply, even those of you that are happy mythic type people, complain about where is everyone… the game is empty… we need cross factions, all my friends have unsubbed, all of that type stuff.

Mythic Plus can be called great for the game, and we can ignore the game is shrinking.

2 Likes

Alright this is bugging me. Is Mythic+ in this instance singular or plural?

1 Like

You do realize the best gear in the game is still raid right? Domination sockets, trinkets, and the highest ilvl that can be achieved is by raiding.

Seriously compare m+ trinkets to raid trinkets. As a tank I have blood scale and that’s it, while raiders get Aegis, and Defense Matrix, oh and since I’m a bear there’s also the raid polearm which is bis.

M+ may get alot of gear but the quality of it is significantly worse then what raiders are able to get.

2 Likes

I look at Mythic Raiding as it’s own beast. The comp should really be between M+ and Heroic Raiding in terms of logistics, time investment and accessibility.

The biggest differences between them as far as rewards is the Vault and Valor. Someone who only Raids Heroic is capped at 239 iLevel in their Vault with no way to upgrade their gear beyond that level while a player who just runs one 15 a week has access to 252 gear in their Vault and can upgrade their M+ gear with Valor.

I know that’s a very simplistic way of looking at the differences and there are other factors I didn’t list but I think adding Valor upgrades to Raid drops would help balance things a bit.

1 Like

I despise domination sockets and raiding.

Get that stuff out of here, shouldn’t work in M+ content.

Also annoying that the highest level gear is from Mythic Raids.

If I complete a 20+ dungeon give me some good weekly loot.

(I don’t mind if gear is better specifically for the content it’s for. Give raiders some bonuses for raids, but only for raids. Give M+ players bonuses for M+.)

4 Likes

ofc raid mythic gear is the best in the game , but you can’t deny the majority of players don’t get into Mythic raiding , and just do +15s keys and just get 252 piece every weeks to complete their gear

I think they should put a tax on bad ideas on the forum, then redistribute that wealth to the rest of us.

joking aside - I do agree that gearing in m+ is too good/abundant as compared to raid/pvp.
the solution is to make raid/pvp gearing as abundant as m+ though, not remove gear from m+

4 Likes

and it’s garbage. If you hit a high enough key level, you deserve higher level gear.

I’m not saying Higher level than mythic raiding, but if you’re hitting 20+ keys give some loot.

1 Like