M+ Affix Adjustments in Season 3

You would be able to drop necrotic easily on every boss it’s gonna be changed to 5 seconds almost every boss has mechanics to where you will basically guarantee lose necrotic. All you have too do is move back a bit during the phases where a boss isn’t hitting you. It would still be very easy.

No stop the súper anti tank affixes like necrotic I don’t do more than one key a week on those weeks. Forcing me to kite isn’t fun

Let’s be honest, who actually likes any affix anymore? Isn’t it about time they made changes to M+ to reinvigorate it and get more people back in there?

I like the affixes a lot…they change things up for me week to week, so that it doesn’t feel like NW is the same NW for 200 weeks in a row…they already have a basic non-affix affected version of these dungeons in heroic and Mythic 0 content

affixes also give me an opportunity to play my class differently/switch up my skills which is a +1 to blizzard design team imo
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Imagine making affix combinations that make finding a tank even harder :slight_smile:

Affixes are nice that they change the dungeon week to week, but it’s now been 6 years of affixes and the only thing that has really changed is each seasonal affix. They really need to just rework M+ at this point to change it up entirely.

I primarily tank and even taking out those weeks, I still feel burnt out running M+ and I don’t even run that much, I just want something different, something that will change up how the feel of M+ is.

1 Like

i hear you friend, and I can vibe with your request for sure :100:.

I think they actually did try to do what you wanted this expansion - the covenant system and how it tied into the m+ dungeons are an example of them trying to innovate and change the experience…this particular idea kinda backfired on them though…and it hurt lots of us that chose our covenants for aesthetic instead of gameplay optimization…

This was more of an accessibility thing, and not necessarily a fundamental change to m+ concept as a whole, but just to expand on that - I prefer the “bring the player” concept the most, but I know that’s not the same for everyone. We’ll have to wait and see what happens in 10.0

While it may not be immediate the reasoning behind stuff like this will eventually bring people back to WoW in my opinion. Yes achieving new levels of skill is fun, but only in a game where the underlying systems are also fun. Sang/Necrotic/Fort was not fun at all. It was stress. Worse-than-work stress. So thank you for getting rid of this combo

The intention of this would make it to where in aoe trash pulls you wouldn’t gain 20 stacks in 2 seconds.
There would be a cap to how many can be received over a certain amount of seconds. But the necrotic of it ingeneral would be somewhat stronger.
It would be somewhat worse in single target but be significantly easier in aoe depending on the set amount of time in-between necrotic.
That would make it harder on bosses but easier when doing trash so when you do a 10 enemy pull you won’t immediately have to kite.

yeah but it still forces me to kite. and its still unfun there is no version of necrotic that id take part in willingly more than once a week.

1 Like

A tank should have to kite at times. I just hate the big pulls when it comes to necrotic but I can still pull quite alot on necro weeks because bear.

Still either way necrotic is sooo nerfed now 5 seconds on stacks is nothing. It went from a quite annoying affix to one of the easiest affixes in the game now.

When a affix is that avoided during a week why should it still exist. You can’t pay me to do more than one key on necrotic weeks. Necrotic is like going to the dentist.

How many times has necrotic been nerfed now?

Not enough. It’ll be considered nerfed enough when it’s finally removed from the game. Whoever designed that affix needs to put their ego behind them and get rid of their bad idea.

1 Like