LSD2 in Shadowlands

So me and two friends were planning on grinding arena pretty hard in Shadowlands and we play a lock, boomy and rsham. How good do you guys think this comps going to be? I heard LSD2 has sucked for a long time

better than boomy players will admit directly

more than that it’s hard to say right now, but boomy’s keeping root beam and clone afaik and that’s a lot to add to a warlock’s kit. if their dmg isn’t utter trash, they’ll prob be pretty good with whatever warlock spec is most popular

5 Likes

only thing i’d be a little afraid of is shamans ability to heal warlock

which is by historic synergy tragic

most of bfa shaman has been pretty bad at healing locks unfortunately
really hoping rshams output is balanced more around healing and less around pack spirit

3 Likes

Haha, perhaps.

OP, it’s not a comp I particularly want to play because having the main cc of both dps dr each other is annoying. That said, I did manage to play destro/boomy to glad last season if only for the reason that destro was crazy busted. I did however have an hpal instead.

More to your specific point, rsham is actually my favorite healer to play with when it’s good. Being a boomy, we lack kicks and rsham provides that as well as short cd defensives and nice utility. Plus hex. It pairs super well with boomy. As said above though, it’s not generally great with locks. Fear and clone dr but you’d still have beam, pet kick, shear, coil, stuns, and hex. It could certainly work but I think mainly because the damage output is simply insane and both lock and boomy can peel very effectively if left alone.

From what I’ve played against in the pre patch and watching some streams of Arena on the beta the best comps for Balance Druid look to be Sub rogue/Boomkin and Frost Mage/Boomkin. Boomkin will work with Destro lock because of the huge burst damage , Just think 2 or 3 starsurges landing during incarnation alongside chaos bolt and infernals from the lock not much will survive that without immunities. Boomkin/Aff lock can potentially work but the Affliction is going to get trained hard and doesn’t have the same survivability of Destro. Disc Priest is looking like the best healer at the moment but Shaman should be fine for your comp, the windshear, grounding totem and purge are all very nice.

Disc is always the worst healer in the game for healing locks.

Boomy has offheals as well for the lock, its more for the offensive capability plus disc healing is looking really strong atm. Could prove to be different come shadowlands let’s see. It’s not gonna be a top tier comp probably mid tier.

The issue with the comp is very often double wizard and specifically boomy comps is they are big dampeners, disc doesn’t do dampening even now. Rsham is actually looking pretty solid rn as well in terms of overall healer

With starsurge being reduced to 30 astral power it allows them to store up 3 uses of starsurge to cast in a row which is giving them a lot more burst damage. Priest giving dark Archangel as well it won’t be a dampening comp.

Boomy has always been able to burst. Double caster though just very frequently sets up a Bermuda Triangle and forces people to run on their cds. Putting a disc as that healer will let the other team essentially just run out the clock on you because disc rn while overtuned isn’t busted like it was for awhile in BfA s1 and able to take things into dampening super easily

Yes this is true if people will constantly line of sight most of the damage then it will go to dampening and the Disc will likely OOM before the other healer. But for melee teams for example they will have no choice but to run in at some point and get chaos bolted and starsurged. The comp won’t do as well against double caster.

Double caster has historically done very well into double melee yes

Honestly, you should just play what you like. For instance, I like RMx, so I’ve played it for years now, and as a result, the slings and arrows of game balance don’t really affect me or my team that much. Even when the meta doesn’t favor RMx, or mage in general, I’m still able to do extremely well.

The most powerful comps are the ones that you enjoy the most, with the friends you’ve made along with way. That’s what is overpowered.

The other day you claimed to play Ret. You are just typing whatever you think will garnish the most bites from your dishonest troll post. I get that you are bored and you think yourself hilarious, but just swap to a different toon so discussion can flow without your sh1tpost roadblocks every thread

2 Likes

I play alts. I main a mage, 2nd main rogue, and then I play a collection of alts, one of which is Ret pally.

Truthfully, it doesn’t matter what I play – all that matters is my ideas, I’d prefer if you discussed them.

1 Like

i would hold off on assuming disc dmg is gonna go live. unless i’m behind on a tuning pass they’re still doing some nutso damage with mindgames, regular spell dmg they had in bfa(dark archangel schism penance) and sw:d. the odds of that dodging nerfs in general or in pvp specifically seem low to me

1 Like

Well they nerfed mindgames and schisms damage bonus, so I think it’s a lot less now. Don’t have beta to tell you the new numbers tho and sw:d is avg to weak now, now disc or holy it’s more a 8% execute? Unless you crit and do 15%

1 Like

What’s up with this misinformation, why do so many people seem to believe this lol. Aff in pre-patch has way better survivability then Destro. Their able to do damage while remaining mobile with their port/gate, and their drain life is much stronger in a pinch.

Both specs have access to demon armor / demon skin, except Aff is doing way more consistent damage for the shield absorb. Not only that, but Destro has to stand still and turret. Aff can use curse of exhaustion and kite.

i think it depends on t what covs are meta for healers.

If Night fae is useful and bis for good amount of healers can be rough for boomkin since you can vulpin teleport out of root beam last i tested.

Which for specs that dont have stops for root beam being able to freely get out of that outside of your class abillities is pretty big imo.

I think if lots are playing night fae it will be a lil more rough for boomkin if their dmg isnt extremely strong.

Aff rn looks like it will be strong with a lot of diff specs so it will prolly still be fine but just a more niche “offmeta” pick

afaik night fae will only see use for priest, monk and rsham healers if they really want the blink, cuz the covenant ability NF gives looks real bad. dunno about all of the others, druid already doesn’t need to worry about root beam, but fae transfusion looks like trash in pvp and so does faeline stomp