Lowest level bracket for AV?

Does anyone know what level you have to be to play alterac valley? The amount of XP is hitting me like a ton of bricks lately and I am hoping 40s are the bracket, if so I’ll twink at 49. Because getting to 60 is out of my grasp.

Thanks for any answers

There is only one AV bracket, and it is 51-60. AB and WSG are doable at 49, and also have a 50-59 bracket plus the 60 bracket, but AV doesn’t match them.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll stop at level 51 then, which should be manageable. The 60s in there can protect me like a herd of sorts.

take a break from leveling for a bit but there’s a lot of good gear you can get at 60 from doing pvp and it would be a shame to not get most of it for your toon because you’re burnt out. maybe farm AV for a month then hit up the rest of the levels?

My plan is just to play AV (at 51 per the answer above). I loved AV long battles in BC, which were cut short by reinforcements.

My memory may be wrong but I think you get experience in AV verrry slowly.

I’m not burnt out it’s just I am too old now to play like I was when younger. Same thing happens on all video games I play.

you don’t get any experience from pvp in classic. also you’re getting 1.12 AV which is zerg pve AV. it’s not gonna be like 1.5 AV.

I still believe that player gear and the lack of OP abilities will still make AV last a lot longer than retail AV.

1 Like

I know I never played vanilla, only BC. From what I read the older AV isn’t for me anyhow.

Just going to play AV at 51 then, no experience needed. I’ll enjoy the herd gameplay.

i’m hoping AV is relatively decent. that’s the whole reason i’m even wanting to play classic. to grind out the honor related stuff. AV is my favorite bg.

2 Likes

same. I honestly can’t wait to start playing it.

2 Likes

have you been doing the anniversary AV in retail? it’s super fun. and gives great exp at 110-120 too. got a couple of toons through it having a ball.

nonstop. been leveling characters and playing it just for fun. been using the mercenary NPC for those fast alliance queues, but it’s hell trying to get them to work together.

1 Like

As I recall you can get exp from killing the NPC’s.

In 1.12, while i do not remember any 72 hours AVs (And i do remember those in 1.5)
I do remember having a mix of short ones and decent length ones that ran a few hours, it all depended on how both sides played.

But no falling asleep because just could not stay awake any more, only to wake up with face stuck to desk, to find it still was not over yet

That’s right, at least in 2007 when AV had reinforcements. When I was able to play AV they literally just added reinforcements a few weeks earlier back then.

i’ve won almost all of them on my horde toons and my alliance hasn’t won even one yet. XD i didn’t think about mercing but that’s pretty cool. i know what i’m doing the next time i play. XD

You’ll just be a free kill in AV. Folks with raid gear, or even pre-raid BiS will hit too hard to make grinding AV with while.

Things really do slow down once you pass 45… But questing will get you there!

2 Likes

And you’d be wrong. 1.12 AV was being done in 10 minutes back in 2006. Here’s a video from 2006 of it being cleared in under 4 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnnodvQgpI

Ironically enough, retail is getting the oldschool AV with NPCs because of the anniversary event, while Classic is stuck with the easy-mode 1.12 AV.

Oh well ><

Heh, go back to retail?