Low to mid 50 fps in Valdrakken

If Limsa would be WoW you would have the whole server population of Belf females there, naked…

Some latest games do scale beyond that. But only the latest ones. Also, Ryzen 7/9 and i7/i9 tend to have the best clocks and best bins of silicon so single-core performance will help them in games that rely on it. It’s not massive, but always something. Similarly, more cache (Ryzen 5800X3D and the upcoming new ones) helps with “less optimal” game engines.

Lack of benchmark mode, lack of result database/scoreboard. Lack of performance debug/info based on benchmark results and results from the database for given components.

There are issues in the game that come and go while WoW performance and behavior are tested only by a few. You can check some of Hardware Numb3rs and my testing:

https://rk.edu.pl/en/world-warcraft-shadowlands-beta-benchmarks/
https://www.youtube.com/@HardwareNumb3rs/videos

This made a solid improvement for me in val as well as across the dragon isles. wondering if there is anything else that can be modified here…

40-50 FPS in Wow Dragonflight VD
RTX 4080 at UHD 2K resolution.
Intel i9 7900X 3.3ghz (4.3-4.5 ST) 10-Core (20 thead) Skylake CPU on x299
32GB DDR4
512gb NVME 960 Pro

On 3D Mark i get 150 to 160 FPS so why WOW runs this low is crazy. I will soon upgrade system to AMD 7950X3D on AM5 platform going from my PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 to PCIe 5.0.

Same issue. In Valdrakken I would get 50-60 with my 1070ti and Ryzen 5900x. Upgraded to a 4080 and I now get… 50-60fps in Valdrakken, with the GPU only working at less than 40% and the CPU at maybe 20%… The fans on my GPU don’t even kick on. It almost seems like a limit with the wow engine and it’s limited “bandwidth” to which is can task the GPU. In a dungeon it will cap my 144hz monitor with Vsync on (still with very low GPU usage)

Has 24 threads. WoW caps to four threads, so the highest usage WoW will show up for you will be ~17%. You’re CPU bound and the GPU won’t render a frame until the CPU tells it to. There were changes to the CPU side of the engine in 10.X, some for the better and some for the worse. Some probably intentional, some maybe unintentional. Time will tell, but there are some areas that tax the CPU side of the engine more than others. Valdrakken has a lot going on, in terms of CPU sided things, even with no players around.

Thank you, this makes sense.

Imagine what I’m going through…

1st gen ryzen 7
1060 card
8 gb 3200 ram
still using hdd

Not to mention windows 10 always be hogging my resources with bloated stuff I can’t disable

I thought throwing down a couple g’s on a new computer would make things run better but now I’m having my doubts reading some of this stuff…

In all honesty it’s only really a problem in valdrakken.

Overall yes. But it is where many spend a lot of their time and it’s really bad there. As in 50 people killing a world boss bad almost. It should be fixed imo.

I’ve always suspected that there’s something else going on in Valdrakken that results in the huge performance drops, and not just the amount of players nearby you.

My guess is that it’s one of those sections of a zone that has multiple phases that unlock as the story progresses. Maybe the city is going to be attacked in a future patch or something. I’ve noticed that multi-phased places like that tend to have worse performance.

BROTHER THIS WORKED FOR ME AS WELL went from 50-60 fps in valdrakken, to 70-78 fps. stonks

1 Like

Can’t believe this worked for me as well, definitely noticing a considerable increase in my frames in the middle of Val…

I would also make sure V-sync is turned on and following the directions closely

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.