Low rep amount?

Why is the Pet Battle so low on getting rep from doing it…I just noticed today that I only got 37 rep for doing a pet battle…shouldn’t it be like a 100 at least in DF since its current content.

Hard to say what criteria Blizzard is using for rep. But yeah, 37 rep for me, using either a 60, a 66, or a 70 alt.

My druid that is not even 70 yet did the same pet battle and got 87 rep…

Alts probably benefitting from Word of a Worthy Ally which gives you bonus rep depending on your main’s renown progress.

1 Like

Then why did one my other 70’s doing the same pet battle get 87 and my main which is this character only get 37?

It’s a catch-up mechanic for renown. Your main - or more precisely, whichever of your toons is furthest ahead in renown - doesn’t get any benefit, but characters with less renown do. Technically they get double, so I am a little surprised it is 87 not 75, but perhaps you have some other rep bonus applying (human? something else?)

1 Like

Nope don’t play a human on any of my characters…just took my HM Tauren to do it and she got 87 too.

I don’t know if you were around when Mechagon and Nazjatar released, but the general community lost their collective minds about how much rep was given for completing the pet battles (at least the first time around, I can’t remember how much we get beyond that in relation to other WQs in those zones).

Combine that with the fact that I believe the pet battle is the only WQ that resets daily (?), they probably wanted to save themselves the headache of dealing with another uproar, and to make it fair because of the bi-weekly reset for everything else.

Still though only 37 rep is nothing it should be at least 75 for this character…all my alts got 87 so far…yes I was around for those Mech and Naz openings never seen any complaints about rep given out for pet battles though and those zones only had 1 pet battle daily a day…heck I am pissed we only have 1 pet daily for the whole of Dragon Isles now…there are 4 separate zones, there should be 4 pet dailies a day then like in the past with BfA and Shadowlands we had a pet battle in each of the zones. Its a royal pita to go back to SL or BfA for dailies …I think its just wrong only 37 rep though.

Tried a 62 Human alt and she got 40 rep, unlike my other 4 alts that all got 37. So yeah, there is a Human bonus but otherwise all my toons getting the same low rep.

That is strange cause my alts got 87 rep but this toon got 37…I understand the extra if your character is human but I don’t play a human at all…are you other alts lvl 70?

Looking at the armory, that character already has 21 valdrakken renown. The catchup bonus only applies if you are under 20 (as long as you had another character at 20 already) or under 10 (as long as another character is 10 renown). They would get 100% under 10 if you had your main at 10, and 200% under 10 and 100% from 11-19 if the main was at 20. You can hover over the rep bonus on your buff bar and see what bonuses you are receiving on each alt (the icon looks like three silhouettes).

I would be annoyed too if I wasn’t drowning in Valdrakken rep usually. I feel like it was the easiest to level up passively. Although not pet battle related, there are a handful of quests I see in Thaldraszus that offer 4 rep. I’m thinking… really? That’s just a strange choice lol.

So far have tried with a 60, a 63, a 66 and a 70. The 63 human got 40 rep, other three got 37. None of us have more that 15 renown with any faction.

This still bothering me…why this toon would only get 37 rep and rest of my alts some that are 70 get 87 rep…I understand the catch up thing …that is fine I really don’t worry about rep on my alts much…its just this toon should get more rep I would think.

Base rep for a pet battle is 25. Last week was world quest bonus, so a 50% increase to 37. If your on an alt with Word of a Worthy Ally, you can get up to 3x rep on everything. So 3x25 is 75 plus 12 for world quest bonus is 87. Add human bonus on top of that, if human.

3 Likes

Never realized it was that low of rep, almost like not worth doing the pet battle for that low of amount of rep…thanks Baromew I just didn’t realize it was that low…kind of crappy for us Pet batters.

It’s a travesty. It should give way more as pet battles take much more effort and thought than the usual ways to get rep.

Just another case of ‘play it the way we tell you to.’

Blizz-think is its own special kind of crazy.

Apathetic ineptitude destroyed the game.

It’s because they’re daily, unlike the others that reset every 3.5 days.

However, the PvP World QUests are daily and give full rep, so I think it’s just Blizzard being cynical about Pet Battles again.