Low level BG shield?

Hello everyone! So earlier today I was in a battleground (level 20-29) bracket and I went up against a Hunter and a rogue. Both of them, when they got low on health popped something…to give them a shield for …well about 60% of their health pool. I have no idea what it could be, I failed to read the buff tooltip in time. I could obviously tell they were twinks, but im so baffled that I have no idea what they could have used. Even if they party synced and they were 120, their trinkets would be greyed out, so no tabk trinkets like bandages from Atal’Dazar would work. Anyone in the community know what possible items both these people could of used? Im not sure if this helps but they both had laughing skull helmets on, even though they were different armor classes overall. Again, im very confused lol.

Interesting, I do not know 20-29s bracket very well so I could not say, especially if it party syncing, some niche case item,or an exploit/cheat. Perhaps a person who does bgs a lot primarily in that bracket could say, but it would really help to know the buff they had. Do remember consumables, heirlooms, and rare stuff works in bgs with party sync. Azerite gear traits also work from 110+. Twinks cannot play in that bracket(like every bracket besides at lvl 20 or lvl 110) without lvling, unless they are FtP or vets at lvl 20.

From my personal knowledge, without some sort of name or information about the buff besides 60% hp its really almost impossible to track down unless you have information on it otherwise. Perhaps you had a dps addon meter going like details that has yet to be cleared? In which case it gives some very detailed(hah!) information you can look through about the fight. Hopefully you figure this out, it could be some new secret going around people are using or just a very powerful item because its the 20-29 bracket and things are unbalanced. Maybe even it was just a fluke is all, but with 60% hp unlikely even in that bracket unless it was actually a bit less than that and it was hard to gauge the hp?

if syncd it was shieldtronic shield. players partysyncd can use consumables available to them at their level. also the effects on BoA trinkets/neck DO work when syncd.

I know you can use the boa WOD trinkets when party syncing.
The shield trinket for tanks,melee str trinket and caster dps trinket all work to great effect.

Likely was the bfa engineering belt shield. A lot of twinks will have high level players with the enchant glitch it onto their belt through latency “exploits” on tradeable belts (dropped in instance with them/boe). They generally all go for the bfa engineering tinkers since they only require engineering 1 to use.

Funny how everyone jumps to exploit when its really just game knowledge being used.

Use: You turn to stone, absorbing up to 5224 total damage, but you are unable to move, attack, or cast spells. Lasts 30 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)

why would anyone syncd use those when so many better options are available for heals? level 50 required im betting it scales way less than 5224 heal in 20-29.

OP never specified they were party syncing. Even so, Shieldtronic shield like you suggested does scale based off level, and works very poorly in that bracket. Mechablast rocket in that bracket hits for 200 max.

Petrification doesn’t scale to level.

would have to be synced and level 50+ to use that potion. sounds like the exploited belt tinker the OP was seeing especially in that bracket.