Low FPS on MacBook Pro

Can anyone help me ? Been having lower FPS in shadowlands on my MacBook - specs below.

MacBook Pro 16-in, 2019
2.3 GHz 8-Cora Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Current setting are at suggested 7 and getting down to 20 FPS in most areas. Issue only became prominent as of recent.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Seeing the same thing since 9.0.1. I running at the suggested 7 and I am dropping to around 27-30 FPS when I was getting a solid 60 in BFA

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 16 4 GB

1 Like

Having the same exact issue as Sensei… not sure what happened. As soon as I enter a dungeon and fight bosses, my frame rate can drop around 25-27 even if I drop my graphics to minimum everywhere… what’s going on!!!

1 Like

I have a 2018 6-core i9, 32 Gig ram and since the SL drop I have seen FPS drop, but one thing you might want to try is to go into your power settings a deselect graphics switching. This will drain your battery quicker, but might be worth a try. This way you are always using your discreet GPU and not the integrated Intel PO Crap.

I have also chosen to use an eGPU with my Mac (Mojave OS) - FWIW

So you are not experiencing any FPS drop?

I have always experienced FPS issues at the start of a new patch. Some of it is on Blizzard and some if it is due to the platform we game on. In order for me to get reliable 60+ FPS on a graphic setting of 5 I need to use an eGPU attached to my MacBook Pro with an external 4K monitor.

Since the drop of SL, I have had to drop down to a 4 setting just to stay around 30 FPS without my eGPU attached, since I am out of town for the current Thanksgiving holiday.

IMHO, SL is going to demand more than BFA did and the GPU’s in the Apple Mac will struggle.

1 Like