Love for all pets please

demonology being felguard only basicly for all the talent bonuses and buffs needs to removed, id love to use a sucubus as my main pet but it comes at a heavy nerf to damage, fix demo tree so any pet buff effects all pets or just rename it to felguard spec as thats seems to be all it is

11 Likes

I only play destruction but do infernos count. I loved blaze till blizz removed infernos as permanent pets.:sob:

1 Like

Demo at least deserves to be able to use all demons and buff them up to be somewhat on the same level as the FG, or just give us more greater demons to use.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t mind Felguard being the default pet for Demo. The problem is if this is going to be the case he needs more utility, and needs to be more powerful. I would much rather Tyrannt be reworked into something that dramatically boost the damage of Felguard.

Also Demonic Sacrifice could be given to demo baseline and reworked to instead of make you petless give you the pet’s utility like it currently does without any damage component.

This way Demo could sacrifice a Felhunter to get the interrupt while keeping their felguard out. This would give far more much needed utility for mythic+, and they could replace the pvp talent with something else.

3 Likes

I feel like Demo should have the Fel Guard but also a second permanent demon, whether one of the baseline ones or something else.

5 Likes

I love this idea!

10/10 good sir

2 Likes

Currently in Alpha, the Felguard stun now serves as an interrupt if the target is immune…

But yeah, I really wish I could use any pet and bring the same kind of single target damage.

I agree, or at least Demo needs some abilities that make it easier to switch pets when needed. I feel like burning a soul shard to instantly switch a pet would be cool, so I could interrupt. IT would be a small DPS loss I choose to take for the option to have a utility I need.

Ok, just spit balling here and throwing it out there.

What if Warlocks, at least Demonologists, had a seperate demon/pet talent tree giving them the ability to pick the skills they want their pet to have no matter which pet they choose. Meaning if you wanted your Succubus out you could choose her talents to have her be dps, cc/utility or even a tank. Kinda like how SWTOR does it, just a little more involved.

4 Likes

Yes please. Something like this as well https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/119 could work so good…

1 Like

Have raised similar idea to some of these earlier in the Warlock feedback thread but just want to echo the sentiment: Give (Demo or all) Warlock liberty in customizing their pet choice (whether functionally or pure cosmetic) in an expansion that is all about player agency please.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m very new to Warlocks. I had one back during the Lich King expansion, but haven’t really played one since then. I made a new one on my RP server because I wanted to RP as this pervy dude who runs around with a succubus all the time. I knew going into this idea that I was handicapping myself, as most guides tell you to bring out the Voidwalker or Felguard for solo content. But man, I wasn’t prepared for just how badly I was handicapping myself. I noticed that even before I unlocked my succubus, my voidwalker was taking a lot of damage during fights. And he wasn’t regenerating any health, so I was feeding him HP every three battles. This came as kind of a shock, since my Hunter pets (regardless of their archetype) are all tanky as hell. Jump forward a few levels to 28, I finally get to bring out my succubus and it is HELL. Each single mob is knocking her down over half health…before switching their aggro to me and knocking off a chunk of my health. I’m feeding her HP after almost every fight (still 1-on-1 fights at this level) only now I’m not always topped off when I do it. I’m having to pop soulstones left and right and use drain health on every other mob. And if another mob aggros on my Succy while she’s fighting, she’s done for.

So my two questions are:

1. Am I doing something wrong or are these just parts of the Warlock learning curve?

2. If the Warlock class is just as much of a pet class as Hunter, then why do the Warlock pets feel so weak and restrictive compared to Hunter pets? I mean, as a Hunter, every pet has growl, every pet can pull aggro and tank for you, and every pet seems to put out a significant amount of damage on its own. If you just freaking LOVE crabs, you can run around with a stable full of crabs of every color and shade and still be effective wherever you go. But it seems as a Warlock, if you like a certain kind of demon, you either run the content that demon is designed for, or be prepared to die a lot.

2 Likes

One possibility to changing demons for Demo would be glyphs.

1 Like

Nah you probably got it right. Warlock pets are weak as heck, even in Demo the Felguard dies frequently and has to be fed health regularly. Mage’ pets are stronger than demonology Warlocks. Outside of demonology Warlock pets are only to add their talent to your rotation otherwise all show.

1 Like

I’ve thought this for a long time! Demonology: Master of De… I mean Master of Fel Guards! How is this spec only able to use one pet? We’re supposed to be master of our demons!

The current BFA PvP talent: Pleasure Through Pain leaves a lot to be desired!
See link: → wowhead . com/spell=212618/pleasure-through-pain

Better yet, Classic talent: Master Demonologist. Why have we regressed?
See link: → classic . wowhead.com/spell=23825/master-demonologist

I wish someone could catch one of the developers in one of those live Q&A’s with this question, or see a blue post. How can Demonology be forced to only one viable pet. The flavor of this restriction leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.

Please fix! <3

3 Likes

Demo Warlocks should have the ability to have a second Demon out kind of like Beast Hunters do.

That way you have the Felguard out, along with one of the others.

3 Likes

This 100% !!

Two pet option sure; for those that want it. Otherwise one demon for those that want to feel less hunter copy cat, and a way to integrate certain changes for both play styles such as interrupts i.e. just allow the Fel axe toss to do this.

While I am at it, two pets allows customization, so for the single pet allow us to customize with skins, armour, shields etc. I agree that Felguard specific talents need a rework also, to allow for other demon use as the player sees fit.

1 Like

I just think demo should have stronger demons than the rest, being the master of demon spec and all.

2 Likes